2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Mr. Simon, from Kountz Texas out on his first guided catfishing trotline and drifting jug trip this morning. We were on the water by 7:15 and off by 9:00. We caught a pile of fish as you can see. Had a couple of good ones in there too. Caught his limit and part of mine this morning. I think we wound up with 65-70 fish before it was all said and done and he was ready to get in some warmth.

It was a beautiful morning to be out on the lake, with good company.

Enjoy the pics.

P.S. You don't have to have a pretty boat to catch fish

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good nite GG! That's the 100th post I've seen you post where you've caught what seems to be every catfish in the lake. Where do you go to get em, what part of the lake? Obviously there's plenty to go around, LOL.

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Looks like another fellow that needs my automatic catfish skinner/fillet machine.
Nice mess of cats. Who gets to wash the pickup?

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
Is that automatic catfish cleaner named Virgil? Or do you really have one? I know you have a crabmaster, so i'm thinking you really have one. It's not like GG's chicken plucker/hog de-hairing contraption is it?

·
NEVER NEVER EVER RING THE BELL
12,595 Posts
Washing the truck would be bad luck.
I hope it doesn't end up looking like Louie Jr.'s Carolina Skiff.

SS, Virgil would be banned in four states if they caught him with a fillet knife in his hand. Same for his big woolly brother. They are more nerd that outdoors men.
My cat fish skinner is very versatile. Not only will it clean any fish I bring home it will cook them and wash up after dinner. And it is for sure nice on these cold nights. If you don't have a Filipino Baby you don't know what you are missing.
BTW We have a couple of old middle aged nieces (about 21 or 22) on standby in the P.I. if you are looking for a pen pal.

·
Registered
14,437 Posts
Sunbeam, I hear you about the Filipino babies. A good friend of mine who is Cajun is married to one too. She does cook some delicious fish and when he comes fishing with me we have to scale them and leave the "face on" as she puts it.
It's a good thing gator gar has to clean fish, other wise there would be no stopping him from catching every catfish in the lake.
I'm taking him crappie fishing fishing in the morning, to my lesser spots, can't let him near the honey hole or they will all be gone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts