2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should i look to spend on a meat ginder. I'm going to start making my own sausage (probably use on about 2 deer and 2 hogs a year)

What "options" should i make sure it comes with?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

·
a day late and a dollar short
549 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for. You need at least 3/4hp and large pan on top. The torrey M-12FS is a great grinder.

·
11,766 Posts
LEM makes a good grinder. Parts are readily available should they be needed. Its been a while since I bought mine or looked at them but would guess they are in the $250-$300 range for a 3/4hp. You can do with a 1/2hp, it would just take a little extra time. Let the meat chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before grinding. Firms it up and it grinds easier.

Google Allied Kenco and LEM Products.

·
Jetty Fisher
679 Posts
I have the LEM #12 and it will do plenty for what you are talking about! Costs about $400.00 and comes with three sausage stuffing tubes. 3/4HP motor.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought the LEM #8 about three years ago and I love it. I ground 200# on Tuesday night. This grinder has never gave me problems yet. I can't keep up with it. As fast as you dro[p the meat in it is already out the other side.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have one that they sell from Bass Pro, had it 11 years and still grinding strong. I have done as much as a 1000 lbs in a season (deer and pork)
We have also used it for the Local Little League to grind briskets for Opening day of LL(150 Briskets) 3 years in a row plus briskets for my daughters select Softball teams.

Mine has the Size 32 plate, They now make one larger.
I can buy plates and knives from Allied Kenco for it.

If mine quit today, I would be at Bass Pro in the morning to buy another one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thier really getting less expensive now. I got an e-vite from Gander Mountain that made one from $299.00 to $139.00 on-line specials just shop around.
BB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts