2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hunting Mcmullen co. right around Tilden seeing any rutting activity? Our place is about ten miles west of Tilden on 72. Hunted last weekend and saw a little rutting activity but not peak yet.

·
Banned
8,277 Posts
Good deer country, I always like the 15th of December on till the end of season, don't forget your rattlin' horns. Good luck. rs

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Just got back south of you [nueces river at 624].Bucks are starting to show lots of interest.I would say by next week they should start chasing.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Whitetail Domains

Go here to this site and you can watch them live and see how they are acting. WWW.Whitetaildomains.com
I have been a member of WTD since May 2007.It is probably the best whitetail management web site in the United States.Whether you hunt high or low fences,the site has something for everyone.The site can be a great source of information.

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
Are you close to "Rancho Saylee" ?

I have been hunted there with friends. Seems like about the same area you are speaking of. X2 on the Maxican food.

·
Registered
226 Posts
As far as the rut, the bucks are moving. Lots of activity last weekend with the younger bucks. Seeing bucks that were normally in one part of the ranch about 1 1/2 miles away now. We are in the SW part of McMullen now. Neighbor filmed a 160 class topping a doe. Its about to get cranked up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which pasture did you hunt? We hunted on the 1400ac place from 92-97. Did you deal with Robbie?

We hunted Rankins pasture , Yes did have to deal with Robbie from time to time. My dad might have been on the place in 97 but I think I came after that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got back south of you [nueces river at 624].Bucks are starting to show lots of interest.I would say by next week they should start chasing.
Hey I manage a ranch off of 624, and Huajuco lane about 21 miles east of Cotulla (La Salle County). How close am I to you? We've had alot of hunters these past two wknds and I would say the rut is deff in full swing now. I've seen alot of bucks chasing all over the ranch and alot of big boys stepping out for the first time all year. If yall arn't out in the brush yet better start packing for this weekend!

Brian
Santa Margarita Ranch

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll be in McMullen Couunty Friday - Tuesday. I cannot wait.

We hunt five miles north of town off Cinco Millas Road.

·
Registered
307 Posts
What's been happening over the past week? I'm hoping to make it down after Christmas dinner on Friday. We're just north of the Nueces off of hwy 16. Am I gonna miss it or be right in the middle?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts