2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,046 Posts
Well Rick, if you're going to upgrade every year, shouldn't you start doing it in Jan instead of June?

Sorry to hear that yet another relatively new set of motors are giving you guys problems again. It's pathetic that the Honda should throw a rod so soon and I hope they get you expedited on this.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hummm

Get rid of the 90s and put 225s on the old sea cat....little over powerd but the weight would be close... mcgolfer lets made a deal....the jokerswild will be a speed demon! lol!
joker

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Did Honda give you a reason why it threw a rod?

We threw a rod on an '89 model 235hp Evinrude years ago. It seems the top two carburators were gummed up and starving the top two cyclinders of gas and oil! In our infinite wisdom we tried to get them "ungummed" by doing a few speed passes in the intercoastal. Not a good idea. Metal to metal with no lubrication does not work, at least not for long! Threw a rod clean through the block. We tied up under the bridge, ate our lunch and luckily we could limp back to the ramp!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
whoa!!! i was just kidding about upgrading. the problems with the honda were caused by a design flaw with the kevlacat and the weight of the honda's. honda is going to repair the engine and we are going to try and rectify the problem of the engines sitting to low in the water and hopefully i can run the honda's for 6 more years.....rick

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
we are going to take the boat to a guy in rockport that has fixed this problem on another kevlacat. at this time we are not really sure what he will have to do but more than likely he will have to put jack plates on it and possibly we may have to purchase 30 inch shafts for the motors.....rick

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok you got my attention

I never thought about it but my motors are set up off the top of the transom about 3".....now I am wondering if that is to correct that problem
Did they say you sucked water into them or what was the cause.
joker

1 - 13 of 13 Posts