2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed you made a comment on the Boomvang thread about not having the boat back yet. What's the latest word? When do they expect it to be ready?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i talked to the mechanic today. he just ordered new heads for it to go along with the new short block. he may have me running in time for poc gathering. it will be sometime next week before i know for sure. then i still have to take it back to get the motors raised because the guy that is suppose to do that is on vacation for the next 2 weeks. i am at the mercy of kresta marine at this time. i say a prayer every night and hopefully i will have a boat to fish out of for poc gathering....rick

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad bp fishin' finally sold his GB. You could have borrowed it for the gathering. :)

Seriously, I hope they get you back on the water in time. I know it's got to be killing you to be missing this part of the year.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
this has made my wife very happy. she hates to be at home alone while i am down there fishing. even if the boat isn't ready in time for the poc gathering i will still be coming down. i have a pos bay boat that my crew and i can fish out of if it still floats....rick

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
mcgolfer said:
this has made my wife very happy. she hates to be at home alone while i am down there fishing. even if the boat isn't ready in time for the poc gathering i will still be coming down. i have a pos bay boat that my crew and i can fish out of if it still floats....rick
LMAO Rick, now that is funny,,,,i have a pos bay boat that my crew and i can fish out of if it still floats....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
brazos
i am going to have tex,tj and kevin with me when i come down. if i don't have a boat to get them offshore and you are offering to take one or two that would be great. any of them can teach you a great deal about fishing offshore. although after this past weekend maybe we should follow your lead marlin man!!!. we are sharing a house with reel woman and ez ed that has 4 slips in case you might want to leave your boat in the water....rick

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
JOKERSWILD said:
Man I bet you are having serious withdraws by now.
joker
I know about the serious withdraws having been unable to pick up a rod since the car wreck 7 weeks ago!

Rick I hope they get your motors running so you can make a deep water trip!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rick,

Would definitely love totake some of the NTexas group out and learn from them, however we (esCape boat) will not be down for the gathering. Work commitments are keeping me in Dallas every day for the next couple of months ......

Sorry, and thanks for all you do to keep the Offshore spirit going up here in the dry land

esCape

·
Registered
663 Posts
Rick

I sure hope that your boat is ready in time! Do you think we should post a "prayers needed" on this one? Guess not but I will be at least keeping my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
kim
we will be there no matter what. if i don't have a boat i will take one of the 50's and try an snag a nice offshore boat as it goes by while i am fishing off the dock in the intercoastal. one of my amberjack rigs should do the trick....rick

·
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rick, have you seen the new Kevlacat 2800 with the inboard diesels? 800 miles of range on a single fillup and no worry about dunking the outboards...

http://www.kevlacat.com/cm.htm

·
Registered
640 Posts
That was funny

Good one Rick. I needed a belly laugh. I am sitting here working on a research paper on administrational leadership. Not all that bad, but certainly not fun. Thanks for the laugh.

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
lordbater said:
Hey Chris, anything serious?

lb
Hey Lordbater, I was in car wreck on June 6 and broke both bones in my left forearm bad enough to require surgery, plates & screws, and bone grafts for both bones.

The Good News is I am now out of the cast wearing a removable hard splint and can straighten my arm and bend it to touch the shoulder. I have a pretty good range of motion in the left wrist already too.

The Bad News is I am not permitted to drive a car or boat, lift anything requiring the use of both arms, and have not been cleared to go fishing :( . If I do any of the "No List" I am jepordizing the healing process and will have: 1) limited future use of left arm and or 2) another surgery to repair the damage I caused. Since I don't like having missed all of the fishing trips this summer I am going to just suck it up and wait a few more weeks until I am cleared so I don't have to suffer through all of this again.

What really stinks is that since the wreck I have been out of work. I had collision ins. but not personal injury protection. The employer I had lost their health care plan 2 mo. prior to the wreck and I had to apply for medicaid. Under the guidelines if I go back to work the case is closed and coverage is lost so I have to wait until they pay the bills (now right at $19,500).

I think I will be at POC but may not know til the last min. but I am really going to try.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts