2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a few red and black drum in the first gut on McFadden beach yesterday (12/20) didn’t have my waders so didn’t cast anything out farther than I could from my knee boots. I was surprised by how much action there was that close to the beach.

New to the Nederland area and looking for family friendly fishing buddies. My wife and I have a little one on the way. We enjoy a good bonfire on the beach behind a few surf rods.

Also in need of some good mullet cast netting spots that I won’t tear my net to shreds in the rocks.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Rarely need to fish past 1st gut. Mullet are basically gone now. Anyway I do t fish that far up but it seems to be almost as good as matagorda from what I have seen. We are catching fish on cut whiting and shrimp.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was actually trying to catch whiting for bait on dead shrimp when I caught that black drum. Made me a little nervous bringing it in on 10lb test and a tiny little hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Threw crab other day didn't get a pull, not even pecked. All on shrimp. Whiting didn't get hit. Get picky sometimes

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts