2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got final confirmation that our migration to the new custom server is going to happen at midnight. Downtime will be until 3AM, at which time, we should open for business again. I have burned so many backup copies of the site, it's almost a joke, but after what happened last Thursday, I consider them a must.

This site is going to be physically moved to a dedicated server, custom made, just for us, and we will be the only site on it. It's like having the Astro Dome for an audience of 3000. We should be good to go for some time to come. It should be quite the deal, something I have never done, but for our long range survival, one that needs to happen. I have a copy of the site, saved at 4:00 PM, both on the server and on a CD at work. When I get done posting, I am going to burn one more on the server, download it locally, and then hope for the best. If things go as planned, we should be at warp speed come sunrise. Only time will tell. More as I know it.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
This is very cool, Mont! I look forward to seeing the sunrise in the morning aboard the TTMB rocketship! Thanks, Bro!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Rocket Man..... Sir Monty Weeks......LOL...... SKIN THAT SMOKEWAGON

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
WOW! To quote the late John Denver, "Faarrr out!" More exciting than watchin' the ball drop at Times Square on New Years Eve! I can't wait to check it out when I get up in the mawnin'!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
I gotta get up way early to take Jr & his bud's to breakfast before school so I'll be sure to get a peek at it.

Tomorrow is the last day of school so chances are I won't be able to get anywhere close to this ol' puter till AUG when they all go back!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
I'm gonna log off now, and shut down the puter, just in case sparks start a flying and comes all the way down the phone line to my new machine... I can't afford another one just yet..LOL.... I might even unplug the power cord....LMAO

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Think I'll

Just roll out early and check it out. Mont, dude, do you actually sleep??

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
LOL! Monty! I just spewed an adult beverage all over my monitor. Yep, there's still some of us backwoods boy's aint made the plunge! Too funny!

·
That DamnYankee!!
4,077 Posts
Mont said:
phone line?
We don't need no stinkin' phone lines!!:spineyes:

Darrell just likes Antiques!!LOL

·
Administrator
23,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Y'all Spring and Baytown men need to contact your local cable company and move on into 2004. Zach, Faith, and Stacy are hooked up and I don't mean with wires. WAPR don't mean gettin' hit up side the head, lmao. I sure hope this deal works, but if'n it don't I have plan B, C, D and E, mapped out.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Hey!

ShadMan said:
I have confidence in you, Mont! Oh, and Spring is on high speed, bro! It's them backards-arse Magnolians still on the telegraphs! ;)
I resemble that remark!

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Alright, big guy! I'm hittin' the sack! A couple Shiner Bocks at dinner and a lot of packing tomorrow! ;)

Here's to smooth sailing!

!!! :pretending I can still toast with a beer: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.