2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it might just be that I have somehow overlooked something but when I was attaching my photo's in the BillyStix contest, I could only put the small images there. I put some time into them and you are not able to see the fine detail. (they are not blurry photoshop) However, I see images inserted by others that are full size. I think I must have fried my brain in the process.......

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
I use ACDSee to resize all my photos with a maximum size of 650 pixels either width or height. They run anywhere between 20K to 75K. I belive Mont has it limited the photo loader to 100K.

I like your animated gifs. Can you reveal how they were put together or refer me to any sources about making animated gifs?

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can resize no problem but my upload limit

is very small. I have been making gifs for years and give classes on the subject. I have been working with Photoshop but I usually don't share my tubes with the open net as they take a lot of time to make and as soon as they are posted, someone comes along and takes them...I don't care about the gifs, I make them pretty fast and there are many people who make them for free. You know, it's funny to see someone with a gifs they use and I know where it came from, most of the time without permission. But then again, they get posted on other search listing and web pages and people just pass them along.
If you wanted to start out learning how to make simple gifs I could teach you using software on the internet, so you don't need to spend 500.00 on Photoshop. Send me an email and I will walk you through a few, from there you can spend hours having fun.

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
I use the Kodak Easy Share and it is lightnening fast, Jelly-brain easy and has a wide variety of things you can do: resize, sharpen, B & W, Sepia, cartoon, Coloring book, rotate, Zoom, paintbrush, etc, etc, etc.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
woo hoo! Found a teacher!

bill said:
I have been making gifs for years and give classes on the subject. I have been working with Photoshop but I usually don't share my tubes with the open net as they take a lot of time to make and as soon as they are posted, someone comes along and takes them...I don't care about the gifs, I make them pretty fast and there are many people who make them for free. You know, it's funny to see someone with a gifs they use and I know where it came from, most of the time without permission. But then again, they get posted on other search listing and web pages and people just pass them along.
If you wanted to start out learning how to make simple gifs I could teach you using software on the internet, so you don't need to spend 500.00 on Photoshop. Send me an email and I will walk you through a few, from there you can spend hours having fun.
I've been playing with Photoshop for the past 6 months. I haven't done any animation other than my sig. "William Hung" I have no professional training! :)
Any pointers that I can look at on the web are more than welcome! I'm a Draftsman so I use cad instead of Photoshop.
--Hop

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Sweet! I'm useing PS6.

bill said:
here.
http://www.graphic-design.com/Photoshop/tutorials/0309-29.html

There are links to several sites that have free turtorials. It just depends on the version you have and if you use Illistrator ect ect ect. Have fun.
Thanks for the link! I've taught myself most of what I know. Do you think that there is any chance I could score a job in graphics! LMAO My buddie is a graphics design artist for nasa. He's given me a few tips. But, I'm learning something new every day in my free time, especially when I'm not out on the water. So far I've just copy pasted stuff and what not. Heck, my sig is a pic of my boat that was on the trailer! I'm a master of chopping peoples heads and sticking them on other peoples bodies.. lol !!!
--Hop

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very cool

well done.

OK. what happened to your post? It was here.
OK, now that is weird, your post is back but under me???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts