2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few threads saying Matty is okay and was spared the storm. Mama is off work Sunday and it would be better to be on the water than sitting in a hot house waiting on centerpoint to get the power going. How about some specifics. Is the Harbour and Riverbend launches open? How about rawlings bait camp? Any live bait available or will it be Arts only? Hows the River locks? Are they open, or are they dealing with heavy run off of flood waters? What would be the best right now? Surf? east or west? Hows the water consition?
Any updates would be appreciated. Its a long run from Magnolia.

·
88 Ag
6,223 Posts
Triton...I was there Thursday and Friday....the harbor is open, ramps are in the same great shape they were before the storm, they had live shrimp....didn't look for any other live bait, water in East Matty was typical with a very light to almost none east north east wind - kind of off color. Even along the south shoreline grass it wasn't clear.

We tried to go flounder gigging Thursday night but the water was too stained. We caught 6 trout and 1 redfish yesterday...two of the boys caught 3 trout and the 1 red on shrimp from the boat and we caught 3 trout wading on roach and avocado TTK's.

Riverbend was closed on Thursday but they were opening up on Friday. The harbor was open. We didn't go west so I can't tell you what the locks and diversion looked like.

We didn't see any debris from the Harbor east to Chinquipin in either the ICW or East Matty.

Your reason for getting out of the house is exactly why we went!! Also, didn't see any birds working and Russells said they hadn't heard of any reports of the birds working yet either. We did see some flocks sitting on the water and tried them but no luck. I think the bird action is close but just not quite here yet. Good luck. Water temp was 76 degrees.

·
Tight Lines
1,229 Posts
I fished the surf Wednesday morning and only caught one keeper trout and one keeper red. The water was pretty just a little chilly. There was a lot of smacks and my line got cut a couple of times. I don't know if it was a water temp thing or just the fact that sometimes you don't catch anything. I'm pretty sure the harbor is open and they were flying the live shrimp sign and I can't remember if rawlings was open. I know it's expensive for the gas to drive down but you never know tilll you go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts