2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to the Matty surf today or tomorrow? Would like to know if it has cleared up any. Hard to tell from the beachcam.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Haute- the beach cam doesn't look bad, I live in Bay City, stuck in Rosenberg at work, bummer, I'll call after while and find out for sure, I missed last week ( making that overated dollar bill instead of fishing)!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Any help on this would be great thinking of hitting it in the morning would save me a 2 hour drive if it looks bad. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
794 Posts
Anyone with a live look probably going anyway what the heck but a visual would be nice? I was planning on going really early and fishing some of the full moon. I will probably be there around 5 am I wasting my time? Anyone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last night around 10 PM it was dirty and about 2 footers. I choose to wade east bay and it was a great day. Caught alot of 16-18 inch trout wading the reefs on the north shoreline. Funning bite almost every one was hitting the ttf and swimming right towards me. You kwew you had something when you couldn't feel the jig head.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks for the info. Dang now I am torn. I love to surf fish and have a boat which I could fish east bay also. Thanks. I am taking my cousin and he has never been to the surf before thought he might like it.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going in the morning. I'll let y'all know how it was tomorrow afternoon.

·
a day late and a dollar short
549 Posts
Looks like a good call Haute. Hey Leemo, you need to get that Whaler fixed thats sitting in the yard. Sure looks like a day to be heading to the bluewater.

·
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"
3,483 Posts
I believe this cam is about a 1/2mile east of the jetties. Ive heard good reports for the evening wade about 7 miles down the beach. Think Im going to try this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
A friend of mine installed the camera,( James Arnold) he has a tourist biz. located out of Bay City www.dayonthebay.com he's a retired postal worker who got into the commercial oyster business yrs. ago, he started Arnold's seafood and sold it in about 2001, I think i got the year right, also has a web cam set up it the harbor at Palacios.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
i've got a stomach virus

:rotfl: think this is what i will be telling my boss when I call him from the Matagorda at 6am after my pre-dawn wade.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
saltwater_therapy said:
:rotfl: think this is what i will be telling my boss when I call him from the Matagorda at 6am after my pre-dawn wade.
LOL... I'll be in a green Z71 Suburban... honk or holler at me if you see me passing thru in the AM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts