2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been to Matagorda, but tomorrow we were going to give it a try. We were thinking about staying in Palacios at the Luther Hotel. I know the weather is a little iffy, but as long as it doesn't thunderstorm all day and we can find some protected water then its a go.
Any advice for us would be greatly appreciated.
I would like to get the little one on a few fish....

Thanks,

Steve

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If we go later today, can ya'll recommend a boat ramp or bait store or even any heads up on hazards? I know the weather right now is horrible, but later looks to clear up a bit.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Allergic to Work
339 Posts
Lindas Bait and Marina

Steve,

You might try Linda's and see what they recommend for today. The have a boat ramp and live bait.

Sargent, TX
979-245-0506

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Did ya'll make it to Matagorda? You must be fishing West Matty if you're staying in Palacios. There are three bait camps that I know of in Palacios. David's is on the left side of Hwy. 35 before you get to town. Grassy Point is just off of 35 before you get to David's. Don't know the street name to turn left on but there is a small hump bride you can see from 35, go over the bridge and Grassy Point is on the right hand side before the curve. Then there is one over by the harbor. Grassy point and David's is accessible by water also.

There is a nice public boat ramp in Palacios where 35 makes a right turn. Before the right turn, there is a road that goes off to the left, take it to the ramp. There is a small concenience store where the road Y's off. There is public ramp at the harbor. Grassy Point has a ramp also.

If you're hungary for mexican food, eat at the Palacios Mexican Restaurant. Good food and nice people. Cold beer but they don't have margaritas.

Good luck.

·
quando omni flunkus, mortati
1,506 Posts
Grassy Point has been the only bait camp open every time Ive been this summer and their quarts are $12. As far as hazards go the weather is the biggest one in Matagorda. Its a huge bay system and a deep one. The first well you come to from Palacious is on the College Port shore. Avoid it! There are several poles cut off around it from several feet deep to only a couple of inches under the water. Found them the hard way. If the water is calm enough you can find lots of fish to keep the kids happy around most of the wells. Good luck. Keep an eye on the weather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts