2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday me and Noo Noo decided to do some scouting down in West Matty.Cindy,my son Austin and good friend Capt David Mears came along to give us a hand.This would also be their first time to go T-Tailing.After a morning topwater bite on some grass beds , we headed out to put Cindy, Austin and Dave on some crappie on steroids!LOL...LOL..After getting bait in POC everyone was able to put 1 Tail in the box.After the excitement of seeing my son and Cindy land their first Tail, I felt like the day was a success!After that, we moved to some more grassbeds to find some redfish.Find them we did!We landed numerous reds w/ 7 being keepers!My son also caught his first topwater red.You should have seen his smile!After all the fun, we brought back 10 trout,7 reds, 2 drum and 5 Tripletail (10-16.5lbs)If anyone wants to go T-Tailing,give me or Noo Noo a shout at www.captkensabin.com or www.assaultthesaltfishing.com and one of us will shoe you some fun on the water!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
That was some fun fishing for sure it's always fun watching someone ctach thre first fish of anykind like I have this past week.First my daughter caught her first fish a perch and now Capt Scott's boy catch's his first red fish on a top water super spook (clown jr.) Then the triple tail is always a blast.Fishing is good right now tight lines Ken

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
nice triples!

·
Banned
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
juanpescado,

It was a good day for me yesterday, as I was a proud father!Austin as always been interested in what I catch and how big " they " were.He just hasn't liked to get up early and I don't force him to fish.Since he has gotten taller, he feels more comfortible wadeing.His grandpa has a stock pond that he catches bass on topwaters.He loves throwing them!I think Austin is finally starting to actually enjoy the whole experiance of wadeing.He has always been my chaufer when we go,running the boat,listening to the radio and eating all the food!LOL...LOL...I try and remember that it is all about fun being on the water and not neccessarily fishing!As long as he's happy, I'm happy!And I'm sure glad I taught him how to run a boat at a very young age because I don't have to walk back to the boat!!!LOL...LOL..

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Sounds like a blast guys, congrats on putting Cindy and Austin on the T-Tails, and Austins top water Red. Ya'll done good. I'll be down this weekend, but i'm going deep! LoL!! Why is Cindy taking the pic at the cleaning tables? She would look better in that pic with one less of ya'lls mugs on there! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks to Capt. Scott Reeh and Capt. Ken Sabin for a great trip on West Matagorda Bay.
First time to go tripple tailing and first tripple tail of any size. Call Capt. Scott or Capt. Ken for a fun trip and a good chance at putting some nice fish in the boat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts