2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my wife and 7 yr. old son off on sat. We had a Great Trip. I have had alot of trips where we caught more but this has to be the most rewarding of my life. My son Colton has grown up enough now to hook,fight and land fish offshore. We had a hard time last year with him not being strong enough but not now. He was really frustrated last year with not being able to catch the "Good" fish. He knew we werent eating the chubs that he could land. It was awsome watching his drive for more, if he wasnt fishing he was eating. This was the first time someone else on the boat was sick and he wasnt affected by the sight at all. When he asked we said she must have eaten something that didnt agree with her. My wife caught all the aj's and she had a great time as always. Thanks to Andrew who owns the "Black Hook" out of Matagorda for a great trip. It dont get no better than this, We are truely BLESSED!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
We went out of Matagorda on Sunday, 7/1 and it was at least 3' chop with dark clouds to the SE. It looks pretty flat there in those pics. Did it calm down later that day? Maybe we should've headed out later...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
next time, try those chubs, they actually taste pretty good. just have a few more bones in them. definately fun for a 6 y/o. my son still fishes out of the rod holder at 6, another year or so and hopefully he will have that belt on too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We actually went out on Sat.7-1, it was less than 2' all day and had to dodge 1 storm. I believe Sun. was the 2nd.
My mistake, we went on the 2nd. I guess we should've gone on the 1st!! Great trip, thanks for the pics and the report.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts