2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent been out of Matagorda in a while. Anyone want to post up and give me an idea of where the channel has been here lately. Gonna try to get up early enough to follow someone out, but with this being a family trip this Saturday...getting them up early enough (from what I've read) is a lot like clubbing a mother grizzly in front of her cubs or gaffing a marlin. :D Anyone???

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
A month ago, it was the same as it was last year, an angle toward the east jetty tip. The channel is almost unmistakeable because it's so shallow on either side that it's hard to miss the breakers on the bars. We marked nothing less than 6 feet on an afternoon low tide. Someone may have a bit more up to date info but unless you're trying to get out of there in a sportfisher, you shouldn't have any problems. What boat will you be in? We may be heading out a ways as well.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
As LBS said, pretty much like last year. We may be headed that way Saturday also. Oh yea, Offshoreaggie you need to get another post up quick, that post #666 doesn't look to good! LOL!!

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
The Path

Ran the pass Tuesday for the first time and it was as advertised. West side at the base of the jetty then angle toward the end of the east jetty. No less than 5.5' under me at any time at 3 pm on a spent ebb tide. Even with a calm Gulf and murky water it was easy to read. But, you have to pay attention. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts