2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

39" 22# Redfish | Matagorda Beachfront | Titanium Castaway | Curado 200b | 10 # test | Berkley Gulp + a foul hooked Menhadden

45 minute maybe one hour fight... tried to revive him/her but it went tits up so it's at the Taxidermist in Wharton.

Caught keying on menhadden and mullet where huge reds and tarpon were rolling on the bait and busting out of the water Friday evening. Saw at least a four foot tarpon come about 4 feet of the water on the third sandbar!

Satruday morning I caught two specks on top water and about twelve more keepers on tails.

Boxed 7- two at 21" and the rest between 16 & 18 plus five nice sized gulf trout and about 23 undersized specks went back in the surf.

After my first wade where I caught the two on topwaters I sank my lade up to the frame right on the shore line in some quick sand.

I had a tow rope but the ol man that stopped wanted nothing to do with the sand near my truck so he said, "well the tide is going out so just go out and fish and I'll pull you out on my way back."

Couldn't argue with that...

Went out right there and whacked the sheet out of them for about two hours until the next truck went by huggin the shoreline then flagged them and had them jerk me out. Thanks to Bruce and friend for stopping and taking the time to jerk me out of the quick sand! I couldn't believe they got me out. I thought I was going to have to call a tow truck I was so buried.

Great thanks and I will pass on the favor to someone next chance I get. Going to get another tow rope so there will be more length next time!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for posting up report. Glad you got pulled out ok.

·
Banned
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JHooks said:
Thanks for posting up report. Glad you got pulled out ok.
Are you the guy that first stopped and advised me to "just go out and fish"?

Thanks, for putting my mind at ease about the tide... I really had a good patient wade knowing I wasn't going anywhere for a while. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts