2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board and this is my first report for yall. Despite the bad weather reports we decided to try our luck on wednesday morning. Got a late start but finally got the boat in the water and headed to our secret spot. Got there around 7:45 and started to wade. The weather was perfect! Within the first hour I had 6 trout (caught on pumpkin seed saltwater assassin). Caught some more after that but it had slowed down and the sun was out now so I started making my way to shallow water to try and get some reds. The reds were everywhere, I was sightcasting them using a gold spoon. I caught a 19" and a 25" and another trout. I had a huge blowup on topwater from a 30+ inch red that i sight casted but missed it. Called it a day around 1-2pm. Had a blast and caught some fish, does it get any better?

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks for the report AO. I was looking a the radar this morning about 7:00 and you didn't want to be on the water down there then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya when we got down there it was NASTY! It was raining and lightning all tuesday night. We got lucky and a pocket in the weather opened for us (on the radar there were thunderstorms along the whole coast except where we were). then later that day it started to get bad again. The weather report was "thunderstorms all day long" look at the sky in the first pic, it was Beautiful!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great fish!! I noticed the for sale sign on your boat. Is it still for sale? If so what kind is it and what is the going price. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boat is still for sale. It is my buddies boat so my information may not be 100% correct. It is a commander made by outback. I am pretty sure it is 21' and has about 40 hours. it is a 2004. the motor is a mercury 250 built by mercury racing, it actually is pushing 275hp. This boat is the "meat and potatos" of center console bay boats. I am pretty sure he is asking $32k. I have more pictures of it if u would like to see them let me know

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Great report

Thanks for the report and congrats on the fish. Good to see someone getting to fish during this messy weather we've been having lately.

Take it easy, and keep them reports coming.............KC

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! It looks like we still have a full week of thunderstorms for some spots on the coast. All this rain is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm fishing in my back yard now that we're getting all this rain. LOL

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Nice going!!!

Nice ride to, what boat is that?

oh, and I like your handle......oh the history behind that one lol!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks T-Dux! The boat is a 21' commander outback.

Sorry, but i'm not sure i follow you on the handle. are you talking about the trolling motor handle? please explain....

·
No Hero pictures don't need them.
954 Posts
Artificialonly i work like to see more pics of the boat. I just bought a boat this month but like to see different models. i cant seem to find outbacks on the net.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts