2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been waiting to get back on the water. Today was an ok day with a lot or rod bending. Fished West Matagorda today and used Gulps and live shrimp. I caught both of the Flounder on the Gulps and all of the Reds were on live shrimp. We probably threw back 20 or so Reds that were less than a quarter of an inch shy of the slot. We also threw back lots of undersized trout. I finished with a limit of Reds (20-24 inches), 2 Floundera (18 and 21.5 inches), and a 17 in Gulf Trout. My buddy also added a 26 inch Red and a 16 inch Drum. There is a Red missing from the pic. It was a 20 incher that was the first fish of the day and I felt like throwing it back for a bigger one. But, after that I only caught 2 more that were keeper size. Oh well, I'm happy I fish for the love of it and not for food because I gave back a nice meal. lol The date on the pic is also wrong. I didn't realize the date was set wrong until I downloaded them on my computer. Tons of people on the water today and still good fishing.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts