2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Matagorda and started fishing at 8:00am. Caught one whiting on shrimp. one skipjack on mullet. Very little mullet in the water. The water was green and very clear. SE wind 10-15 mph. We fished several guts including standing on the second sand bar and throwing past the last waves. Essentially zero bites. We stopped at a pier on the Colorado and fished with dead shrimp and not one fish took any bait.

My friend mentioned that when we passed a cow pasture the cows were sitting down which meant the fishing would be bad. Anyone else heard of this theory?

Still enjoyed the weather and a fried chicken lunch.

·
Banned
920 Posts
fishingcacher said:
My friend mentioned that when we passed a cow pasture the cows were sitting down which meant the fishing would be bad. Anyone else heard of this theory?
We used to say that about the surf for surfing back before internet reports and cams. ;)

By the way, the fishing was GOOD today in the bay.

·
Banned
419 Posts
fishingcacher..........It's right. If you will look in several magazines you will find the Solunar (sp) tables that shows the prime feeding times. It's good for all animals and fish. If the cows are laying down and chewing their cudd, it means they fed much earlier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've heard that too. Someone once told me that if they're sitting down, it's because of the high pressure in the atmosphere, therefore the fishing isn't all that good. Which makes a little since seeing how the fishing is always better when there is low pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts