2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call last night form my older brother and 2G. They were representing team Over the Edge as a 2 man crew and headed out early Saturday. They jumped off 2 blues Sat morning around Dutra after witnessing some great aerial displays. Both fish hit a purple/pink 1656 Bart run off an outrigger. Around mid day, they raised another blue. This fish hit the same lure, missed the hook, and fell back to take a skirted horse ballyhoo running shotgun. After 30 minutes, they tagged and released an estimated 350 pound blue. This fish was about 6 miles inshore of Dutra towards the Breaks. Later in the afternoon, they had a white show up around the Breaks. The fish cut up pretty good, but never hit a lure hard enough to pop a clip and disappeared before they could drop back a pitch bait. All in all a great day on the water and a hot marlin bite They also told me they witnessed the Texas Rattler release a blue at Falcon Nest.

·
in Victoria,Texas
101 Posts
Little red has been found

Talked to Chuck yesterday and he said it was 4 miles inside of the Betsy and a little to the east. Told Maco Clay, so next trip out someone needs to confirm her where abouts and take her back out to her home so 50ft SF's can potlick 50 chicken dolphins off of it. Mako Clay was sorry he missed the ride out to the deep, but with a freezer full of fish and no electricity for a few days he had some work to do.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Only bycatch that I'm aware of is one BFT. I'm starting to wonder where the dolphin and wahoo are? The last 2 years it seems, the wahoo have pulled a disappearing act. You could always count on 2 or 3 for the box in a day of trolling.

·
Banned
723 Posts
Nine big wahoo east of galveston in kingfish water during ska tourney this past weekend biggest was aboard the papatonic at 85 lbs, they also jumped a sailfish and had another hoo that went around 55lbs. Capt. Steve Cole had a 65 pound hoo same area. Capt. Kevin Dearman aboard the Legacy had 13 yellowfins from 40 to 160 lbs saturday night chumed em up under thier new shoot thru hull lights. Snapper fishing excellent over live bottom and rocks in 80-120 feet of water. Calm Seas......Capt.Scott Hickman www.circleh.org

1 - 5 of 5 Posts