2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fishing Tackle Unlimited
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark was very kind to loan us a fly rod for the TRB Event tomorrow. It is beautiful version of his trademark Spiderweb handles. Guys this thing is beautiful and defies logic on how it's done. It is worth a trip down here to see one of these in person.
It is not a veneer or a decal...those are individual pieces of wood glued to gether and turned on a lathe. If he continued to turn it, the pattern would go all the way until he hit the center!! The woods are beautiful and the reel seat has to be seen in sunlight!

We are also going to have Joey Ybarras' Snakeskin surfrod on display and Bobby Chisms G Loomis Spinning rod with Gold Cermet guides Joey just finished for him.
There will be plenty of others down here for you to see so come by!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I was at FTU today getting things organized for tomorrow. Let me say Mark That is the most beautiful fly rod I have ever seen. The workmanship is superb. I hope to meet you in person someday. Your rods are magnificant.
Pat

·
Rapper
400 Posts
Beautiful rod. Of all the handles I've seen of his, I think that one is my favorite. The light-colored web adds yet another level of class (IMO). Someone will be very lucky to get that rod. Randy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts