2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jesus answered “The first is ‘Hear, Israel: our God is the Lord; the Lord is one

Emphasized Bible
Jesus answered—The chief is: Hear! O Israel,—The Lord our God is one Lord;

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn (Jesus) of every creature:

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If Jesus Were God why did he say he did not come of his own initiative but was sent.

John 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why did Jesus not know the day and hour of the Great Tribulation but God did?

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The Emphasized Bible
But concerning that day and hour No one knoweth Neither the messengers of the heavens, Nor the Son,—Save the Father only.

·
Saved by the Grace of God
4,163 Posts
Scriptures are clean and not influenced by cult teachings. Christians from the first church to now have always believe the scriptures that Jesus is part of the one God, the Godhead. Paul warned them in the first church about others coming in preaching another gospel. In 1872, Charles Taze Russell started the cult that believe Jesus is not part of the Godhead. This is another gospel.

I know you won't read these scriptures below WillieT (ShaggyDog) because you are so ingrained in the JW organization that leaving it for the truth would cost you your family and friends shunning you. But if you are in search of the truth, you can search the scriptures like below and see for yourself. Or you can defend the JW organization and be lost. I pray you see the truth before it is too late. I pray you see the JW organization for what they truly are and seek the Truth of Jesus Christ before it is too late.

John 1:14
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 10:30
I and the Father are one.”
John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
John 20:28
Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”
Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Titus 2:13
Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
Colossians 2:9
For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,
Matthew 1:23
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
1 Corinthians 8:6
Yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.
John 10:30-33
I and the Father are one.” The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”
John 5:18
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
John 1:3
All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: “I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
2 Peter 1:1
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
John 1:1-3
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 10:33
The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.”
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Romans 9:5
To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
Philippians 2:5-8
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Genesis 1:26
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

·
In God We Trust
1,447 Posts
Jesus answered “The first is ‘Hear, Israel: our God is the Lord; the Lord is one

Emphasized Bible
Jesus answered—The chief is: Hear! O Israel,—The Lord our God is one Lord;
I'm guessing you are questioning the "Trinity Doctrine" I don't claim to understand all aspects of God's word concerning the trinity but I think it is pretty clearly stated that Jesus IS GOD. I go to a church that is an apostolic but they follow the trinity doctrine. My mom goes to an apostolic church that doesn't follow it. I believe we can go to heaven without being sure about the trinity doctrine but we will not go to heaven if we reject that Jesus IS GOD. Some food for thought.

·
In God We Trust
1,447 Posts
I think these are well written articles that address the issue with scripture references. from a non denominational site.

·
4,163 Posts
Yes he is questing that. That is what the JW organization believe is Jesus was created and he is Michael the arch angel. Looking at the actual Greek and Hebrew, it is clear that Jesus is part of the GodHead and is God. This has been taught since the inception of the church. The Greek and Hebrew clearly show this. Yet Charles Taze Russell all of a sudden changed it in the 1800's and now that is correct? Nope!

Again, I pray you will see the truth WillieT, aka ShaggyDog.

·
4,163 Posts
Also, man's pride will keep one from knowing the truth and send him to hell. If pride is set aside, the truth can be seen.

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm guessing you are questioning the "Trinity Doctrine" I don't claim to understand all aspects of God's word concerning the trinity but I think it is pretty clearly stated that Jesus IS GOD. I go to a church that is an apostolic but they follow the trinity doctrine. My mom goes to an apostolic church that doesn't follow it. I believe we can go to heaven without being sure about the trinity doctrine but we will not go to heaven if we reject that Jesus IS GOD. Some food for thought.
Yes sir, I grew up a Methodist, who taught the Trinity doctrine, but could never wrap my head around it. From what little I knew about the scriptures, I just couldn't see how Jesus was God. After I started studying the Bible, it became clear to me that Jesus was not God, but was God's Son. Jesus clearly stated he was not God, and was not equal to God. Nowhere in the Bible is the Trinity talked about.

We have just discussed Jesus and God, we haven't even started on the holy spirit, which is clearly controlled by God and does not act on it's own. The second scripture in the Bible clearly shows that. Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the waters. To me that scripture, as well as many others, show that Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) is possessed and used by God to accomplish his purposes, and he gives it as necessary. Jesus received God's Holy Spirit and always gave credit to God. Jesus never credited the miracles he preformed to himself, he gave God the credit.

As far as going to heaven, I was sure I was going to heaven...lol, now I know I have the opportunity to live forever on earth, just as was God's original purpose, for man to live forever in paradise earth. Ps 37: 29 The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it. Something for another discussion.

There are a couple of people on here that want to attack me and my religion. They are both on my ignore list and I refuse to listen to their lies, of which many have been told. I am not here to argue but I will defend the truths of God's Word. I will not debate. If you have a question please don't rely on those that know nothing about the Witnesses. Ask me and I will be glad to tell you the truth. We believe that Jesus is God's Son, as stated in the bible and that he is ABSOLUTELY the only way to salvation. Jesus is considered by many a god, but is not the one and only Almighty God. That is Jehovah and he demands exclusive devotion. Exedous 20:5 You must not bow down to them nor be enticed to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion, You can't give exclusive devotion to 3 gods. Exclusive means ONE.

·
In God We Trust
1,447 Posts
Willie T Here are a couple of questions for you then.

1.) Have you or do you read any other bible than the new world translation?
2.) Do you trust the bible more than yours or any other organized church or denomination?

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Willie T Here are a couple of questions for you then.

1.) Have you or do you read any other bible than the new world translation?
2.) Do you trust the bible more than yours or any other organized church or denomination?
I read several other bibles, and enjoy looking at the different wordings. We had a bible that had 7 different translations side by side across the page, I really enjoyed looking at that bible, unfortunately we got rid of it when we moved down here.

The Bible was inspired by God, I absolutely trust it. I trust my organization also, 100%.

·
In God We Trust
1,447 Posts
"The Bible was inspired by God, I absolutely trust it. I trust my organization also, 100%."

I agree with you that the bible is the inspired Word of God. The problem is that the bible calls for us to be wary of false prophets and deceivers so if we trust any man, denomination, or organization the same as God's written word we open ourselves up for being deceived.

The church I attend now literally came from the roots of a man that many claim to be a false prophet. I trust the Pentecostal organization about as far as I could throw it. I literally believe that church denominations are from satan himself!

Bible references to divisions among us... 1 Corinthians 1:10-13
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:3-4
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

I still love my church and we have a great pastor that understands his role as an under shepherd and his frailty as a man. He preaches out of the bible.

You really need to think about what I'm saying.
The dirt from my religious organization...https://atwistedcrownofthorns.com/2011/04/20/charles-f-parham-learning-from-errors-in-church-history/
The dirt from yours...https://www.redemptionofhumanity.org/have-jehovahs-witnesses-made-false-prophecies/

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I felt the same way as you at one time. Never ever thought I would become a Witness. Had ulterior motives when I started to study, wanted to prove them wrong. Couldn’t do it. It, without a doubt is the truth. I moved away from mainstream religion because of the hypocrisy I witnessed. Questioned a couple of the doctrines of mainstream religion and found out why, they were false teachings. Look at the religious teachers of Jesus day and what they taught. How did Jesus feel about them, he called them hypocrites, offspring of vipers. He would say the same today.

I was 43 when I started studying, baptized when I was 45, college degree and not easily fooled. I had been out of any organized religion since I was old enough to realize what they said didn’t make sense to me and while people attended church, they really didn’t listen to what was being said anyway. They walked out the front door of the church and did whatever they pleased.

I’ve seen both sides of the coin and the witnesses are totally different. While imperfect, they try to follow the model that Jesus provided the best they can. They try to live by the principals laid out in God’s Word. What other religious organization does that? What other religious organization keeps the congregation clean? If members go against the principles laid out in the Bible and are not repentant, they are disfellowshipped, removed from the congregation, which is scriptural. If an unmarried baptized witness is committing sexual immorality, they are removed from the congregation, illegal or unfair business practices, the same, drunkenness, the same. This is all scripturally based. What other religions do that? Other religions are too busy trying to hold on to their members because the money will dry up. They do that by watering down God’s Word. People living together, oh that’s okay, homosexuality, oh that’s okay. It goes on and on, adjust His Word as long as it keeps the money coming in. Guess what, nobody in our organization draws a salary, but we have nice, not extravagant, facilities, and most of our money goes to promote the good news of the Kingdom and the truths of God’s Word.

What other religions “go and make disciples” as instructed by Jesus? None, but that is required to be a true disciple of Jesus. Matthew 28:19, 20 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” Look what else he told his followers, Matthew 24: 9 Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. One last thought from Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Guess what the good news is now being preached in all the land. Prophecy is being fulfilled and if you study God’s Word you should know where we are in the stream of time.

I’m very happy where I am. If you want to know more about the witnesses and what we really believe let me know and we will continue by private message. Please don’t listen to those that THINK they know about us. They don’t but they like to spread lots of lies.

One more thing, has the organization been wrong about some things. Absolutely they have, and whenever there is an adjustment in thinking, because the “light shines brighter”, they immediately let the worldwide congregation know, with an explanation of the adjustment. They constantly review the scriptures to get a better understanding. There is no organization that is more transparent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts