2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some input on upgrading my audio I have for my early 2000 Majek. I want to replace my 6 6.5 speakers and upgrade my faceplate to Bluetooth capable. My question is what speakers and amp would you go with? Keep in mind I don’t need anything top of the line just something to hear over my 250 motor. Also could I just plug the Bluetooth attachment that Wetsound sells and make that work on my older Sony head unit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've had terrible luck with wet sounds speakers. The three pairs I've had get a little wet and quit. Conversely, I switched to kicker and they've performed flawlessly.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,308 Posts
spend a tad more and buy JL AUDIO, quality sound and great product
Wetsounds are junk in my opinion. From wakeboard boats to fishing boats, wetsounds has been junk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information looks like I will be using only JL Audio. Can I hook up this Bluetooth attachment on my older Sony Unit to convert it to Bluetooth?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Look into Skar Audio. I just put a pair of 6.5’ in my console and they sound great. They’re a fraction of the cost of JL and look identical. I did my research and read all the reviews.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts