2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Round 2, My good friend Ben Reyna and a few of his buddies aboard his 26' GB
"Reel Smooth" went fishing offshore without me again (had to work). It was a little rough getting out but they managed to get some bait on the way and ended up catching a couple of nice AJ's etc. Once Again....another nice offshore fishing trip for the "Reel Smooth" WAY TO GO BEN!
Hope I can make the next one. Richman-Out!

PS Notice the bite marks on the Larger AJ...scary.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Not scary, very interesting......Wonder if he was out by the rig north of the jetty or fishing bottom structure?! You know? Weather pending I will be down there next weekend or at least in port A

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weather permitting

I'll be fishing in Port A weather permitting also hopefully. If you are going to be in the area let me know for sure and we will hook up. Richman-out!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Richman,

Congrats to your buds! Those are some nice AJ!! A buddy of mine (JimN) and I are contemplating making a trip down to Port Mansfield for a weekend of fishing. I was told that you are able to get into some good size species of fish without running as far out which is sometimes required out of Port A. Is this true? Also, if you could recommend some spots to try (Padre Island Reef, Liberty, the Ridge ????) that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Junior

Semper Fi
:flag:

And I have yet to find one single individual who has attained conspicuous success in bringing down enemy aeroplanes who can be said to be spoiled either by his successes or by the generous congratulations of his comrades. If he were capable of being spoiled he would not have had the character to have won continuous victories, for the smallest amount of vanity is fatal in aeroplane fighting. Self-distrust rather is the quality to which many a pilot owes his protracted existence.
â€" Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker, USAS, 'Fighting the Flying Circus

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
BTW, pretyt much any place you pick from the map down there will bring you nice fish. As stated in my MSG to you, there is little pressure there like there is in port A. There is only 1-2 "head boats" if you want to call them that, fishing the area for snaps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.