2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of PM on saturday and sunday, couldnt have asked for better fishing conditions. the wind was no where to be found early and never got above 5 MPH until way after noon which is rare. we caught fish all morning. the trout werent very big, but I threw back over 20 that were 17". We caught our 4 and then started fishing for size. over the entire weekend we caught will over 100 trout. Sunday fish were nailing topwaters. My partner caught two trout at one time and one of them was a keeper. we didnt have the camera with us. Our largest redfish was 26" and the largest trout was 21". it was an awesome weekend weather wise and fish wise. Every color seemed to work. Would post pics but need help. Can I email them to someone to post for me? Thanks.

·
would rather be on the water
1,855 Posts
Funny..my dad was down there all last week and he said it was blowing 15-25 the whole time...he came home friday...I guess the day before the wind laid...haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fished fri and sat with Capt. Tricia in no wind conditions..It made the red bite tough but we managed a nice mess of fish including a very skinny 28" trout on topwater. She is good guide and a nice person to spend a day fishing with..

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on Capt. Tricia, there were a bunch of Dargels down there this weekend. and if you are saying i was in one of your spots, dont worry, i didnt pick off any of your trophies. just lots of little ones.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's not what I was saying at all. I certainly would not have posted if I thought that. You guys were in a good area and I got your boat confused with another, that's all.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your right!!! There were lots of Dargel's and Shallowsports, Flat's Cats, Explorers, etc....
It was a beautiful weekend and everyone enjoyed it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely, the weather was great. I saw quite a few people coming in with nice boxes of fish. I wasnt trying to pick on you. I very rarely end up in a good area.

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip guys! Greenie on the way!

Stir! Stir! Stir!

Hey Capt JD/Tricia/Mike( or whoever is Hi-jacking Tricia's handle this time)........Can't wait to go back down there again and POTLICK YOUR SPOTS!!!!!! LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~But I plan on hitching a ride in your boat though! LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was not trying to pick on you either. I thought you were Capt. Dan Coley and I almost could have ruined your spot. Glad to see you guys got into some fish.

·
**Follow me to certain death**
1,015 Posts
Good work bud,

Glad to see you back grinding it out again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Okay Melon,
Why have you not come down again "TO LIVE LARGE ON THE LAGUNA?" I guess we will not see you until wintertime!!!! Which is very smart, indeed!!! We'll see who potlicks who. LOL

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks B. After 8 weeks, it was sure good to be back out on the Laguna. Wish you could have been there. We will see if we can find some more this coming weekend. hopefully we can stake out that spot before the crowds come out.

·
**Follow me to certain death**
1,015 Posts
swtfisher said:
Thanks B. After 8 weeks, it was sure good to be back out on the Laguna. Wish you could have been there. We will see if we can find some more this coming weekend. hopefully we can stake out that spot before the crowds come out.
I was out of Rockport all weekend, except I was on a barge looking at a stupid wellhead doing no fishing.

Did you get a chance to run to that spot we all went last time out?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope stayed in a new spot all weekend, there was no need to go anywhere else.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.