2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bryan Beach !!The Surf did just the opposite as what I thought It would do this morning. The water got even more off color, and the waves were chest to head high just at the first bar. We ended up catching 2 schoolie trout on spoons, and one keeper. Maybe Tomorrow will be different... Good Luck Gentleman

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ditto @ West Galv. beach. I questioned your water report when I entered the surf this am, against my better judgement. On this am fishing report, I believe it was one of the pier operators that said he did not see any waves breaking on the 2nd bar, but that was not the case where I jumped in. I left after about 10 casts into sanded- up h2o. Oh well, this evening or tomorrow might be much improved, hopefully. Couple of weeks ago I enjoyed a session that keeps one coming back. Hope our next trip finds green tides n' black dots, saltdawg.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We also fished Quintana this morning and it was rough and dirty! Caught a few gafftops on cut bait and a silver spoon (I did not know gafftops hit spoons).

We caught our limit on winged ants. They did not bite us, but were very annoying.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dont Know!

Dont Know why it was rough!!!, Just wuzzzzzz...... I see now from the surf cams that it has flattend out. I will be out tomorrow morning. My buddy chickend out on me for tomorrow so I guess I'll go by myself. You know like my grandpa used to say, " A True Fisherman is like a Labrador Retriever,,,, U Just Cant Keep Him Out Of The Water No Matter What The Conditions Are "

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I went over and checked the surf at Jamaica Beach at about 10:30 this morning and it looked great. 6" breakers right at the beach and that was it.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
go early...my sis and I went out and early morning I could have taken the skiff out to the rigs. Around 4pm the wind had kicked up 2-3's and some chop. Most of the wind at this point is thermal reguarding the heating and cooling of the land mass creating hi/low pressures.

·
Banned
214 Posts
If you would have driven down to the Brazos Mouth this morning.....you would have found green water......1-2 ft. seas......and some of the fattest specs there. I got there at 5 am this morning. When I drove onto the beach from the big bridge, I shined my spot lite on the water and at THAT time...it was green to the beach. Landed my forst of 7 specs at 6:30. My last one at 10:15 about 30 ft. off the beach. My 7 went from 19 to 24 inches. 8 other waders down from me and didn't see them catch nothing. One guy by me landed 3 and released all. Another guy came late and landed one nice keeper. I got my 7 because I was retreiving my lures VERY slowly. Put a DOA shrimp on and just let it sink with the current...no retreive....thump....wait a few seconds and lightly set the hook. Every one else was reeling pretty fast with quick jerks. When I left at 11 am.....1/4 mile from the mouth and the water wasn't good at all until a hundred or two yards from the beach. As long as the river is green...that sand bar delta area and guts will be VERY fishable. I'd go again early in the morning..but me and my wife JUST got in from the water...and I want to watch a few Pastors on TV in the morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts