2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 7 1/2 ft. CastAWay to the Academy here in Galvetraz for some repair (broken eye and a new tip eye), and found that they don't have rod and reel repairs like other Academy's. They asked if I wanted to exchange it for another rod. I told them that the rod was at least 5 years old and I did not have a receipt. They looked up the value ($70.00), gave me a credit and told me to go pick out a new rod. I found a 7 1/2 ft. Falcon Low Rider that I liked, took it up front and paid the difference. So I got a new Low Rider for about what repairs on the old CastAWay would have cost, kissed my old rod "adios" and headed home.

Come on clear, flat surf!

Man, I love Academy!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Sounds like something Sidecutter just done.... Almost makes ya want to break um on purpose...LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dadgummit, Darrell................

Badhabit said:
Sounds like something Sidecutter just done.... Almost makes ya want to break um on purpose...LOL
Don't be giving me any ideas! I'm very impressionable.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Hmmm...I went to Academy today to return a brand new All-Star rod with a $69.99 price tag on it, and they would only give me $40 for it. Seems it's on sale right now for $40, and without a receipt, that's the best they'll give you for it.

No Academys in Colorado! :(

·
6,429 Posts
I'll give ya $40 for it Shaddy, would like to have it since it was yours.....

·
6,429 Posts
I be home now, was still up when the board came up last nite.....I don't get online at work, just intranet....

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
A while back I bought a Cast-A-Way SLX Wader Lite for $40 (regularly $85) and a All-Star Classic for $40 (regularly $70) and they wern't on sale. Man I sure do love Acadamy!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts