2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 5 of the Mambos seafoods are closed according to kprc
The one on 45N near West road got raided and the one on longpoint.
31 illegals arrested.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/21788517/detail.html

Officials said the investigation began at the corporate office and an adjacent restaurant of Mambo's Restaurants, located in the 6100 block of Airline. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents raided the buildings at about 9 a.m.

A government spokesman said they executed a court order to enforce immigration statutes and detained workers the government claimed are in the U.S. illegally.

At the same time, a second group of agents raided the Mambo's restaurant on Longpoint near Gessner Road in Spring Branch and detained workers there.

A total of 31 allegedly illegal immigrants were taken from the two locations.

By Wednesday afternoon, Mambo's appeared to have closed all five of its Houston restaurants. Despite repeated calls, none of Mambo's corporate executives have been available for comment.

The restaurant on Long Point is next to a labor agency where illegal immigrants routinely gather in the mornings to look for work.

Two men who admitted that they are in this country illegally said the immigration agents simply told them to leave, then the agents went into the restaurant and began arresting employees.

"There were a bunch of us here and all immigration said was,'Go across the street.' And that's all they said," said the man who did not want to be identified.

"There were between 100 and 150 people standing here, all in different groups. I was here in my car when they came in and they came in with two police and ICE went inside. The police stayed outside," said another man known only as Jose.

ICE spokesman Gregory Palmer said the agents were there to execute a court order, and he suspected that there were only enough of them to deal with the illegal workers found in the restaurant.

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
Seems as if there were 150+ illegals outside then why were "back-up" agents not called instead of an agent saying "get across the street"? At least 31 illegals were picked up, still a good job but it could be better. Please enforce the immigration laws we have on our books. I hope the resturant chain is fined but I guess we will see.

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
I work at a resturaunt because my contruction job got tougher and tougher and they are rooting me outta there too. I grew up working with illegals and I also respect them we just have wayyyy too many here our poor children are gonna be rooted out!!!

·
Living life in the 77H20 zip code
848 Posts
WHAT !!!! No more Mambo's shrimp fried rice !!!! :headknock I was wondering why that cute little waitress half my age was winking at me the other day. She was looking for a ****** Esposo . Dammm, another missed opportunity !!!

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
LOL...I went there for lunch today at noon (I-45 and West Rd) and there was a sign on the door stating that they were closed for yearly maintenance. I was wondering what was going on. :)

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
Mambo's.. the first time I ate there (Hillcroft) I started calling them Mexican Hooters. LOL

·
Registered
10,765 Posts
go to Connies seafood on airline way better same style fried rice and chinese but they also got the mexican seafood and the live pick your own fish swimmin around and some awesome mecheladas!!!

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Deport the 31 and also deport anyone in management/ownership of the restaurants who knew they were hiring illegals. Fines get passed on to consumers. Ten or so years south of the border might stop some of this hiring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts