2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cast & Blaster
3,339 Posts
I've seen some big sharks out there! A mako is my first in West Bay.

Is that tree is still there??! I hit the dang thing in the ICW sunday morning around 5AM. I wasn't expecting it and had barge traffic East bound blinding me slightly. I slid right over it and was lucky I didn't hit the big root section. My motor kicked up and my buddies asked me what we hit I said felt like a tree. When we came back down the ICW after hunting sure enough right at greens cut that huge tree floating there, spent 10 minutes jumping it and pushing it as far onto the bank as I could before heading back to the launch :D

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,885 Posts
That dude is a complete idiot, unless he thought the fish wasn't any good to eat.. yes this is coming from a tournament shark killer type person, but we are talking about some fine eating right there now!! Shame....

·
5,885 Posts
By GSB....

The real story is that we found a huge shark barely alive at Green's cut. Not thrashing but able to do the "open close, open close" of the mouth. Buddy thinks it is a Mako. We drug it across to the mainland side and tucked him behind that big log along the intercoastal to come back later and get those teeth. That is probably the only big shark in West Bay, so glad it is dead now. Resume fishing!!! : )

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a MORON. thats a first ive heard of Makos in Galveston Bay. Should have tried to get it to deeper waters , maybe bring the population some up here for some good fights in the future. This is a guy who prob shoots a deer in the leg and just lets it run off and do no good to anyone

·
5,885 Posts
so I guess you guys would eat a half dead trout floating on the surface? That fish was completely lost... probably sick. You couldnt pay me enough to eat it.
Come on dude!! Don't you know that anything that will kill you, will kill the fish first!!

I bet it was lack of oxygen and the warmer water that got it, besides being just stupid... but you do have a valid point.

And... he could have said something more like...

we drug it out of harms way to other boaters and called the GW to see if they had any interest or we called Texas A&M...
instead of...

We drug it across to the mainland side and tucked him behind that big log along the intercoastal to come back later and get those teeth. That is probably the only big shark in West Bay, so glad it is dead now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.