2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about the new Majek that is coming out? I think its called the Illusion? Is this the new version of the Red Fish Line or a new model all together? Anybody have any details or info?

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Heard they have tested the plug & are in full production of the boat. Heard it was a 22' cat hull design. They have 2 sitting waiting on trailers at Majek. I know one is going to Ronnie's Marine in Corpus. Its rated for a 200 HP engine, supposedly it will take 2-3" more to run in than the RFL according to a close source.....

·
Banned
199 Posts
I should be receiving mine in about two weeks. I was impressed with the way this boat handled. It turns very well, runs shallow and is a upper 50 mph boat. I am having mine rigged w/ a raised console with a 60 gallon fuel cell. The boat is alittle wider than the RFL and has alittle bigger tunnel. Matter fact the boat is @ the widest it can be to travel legal.The overall lenght is 22'6".When i get in i will post some pics.

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
I've heard about the changes, but have been waiting to see new pics. Post'em when you get em Waterloo.

Late,
Cox

·
Registered
122 Posts
they had one at the houston summer boat show. looked to me like a mix of both the redfishline and the extreme. looked really badarse

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I don't think it looked anything like the Extreme.

To me it looked like a lower sided, shorter 25 RFL. it is quite a bit wider than the 21 RFL as well as longer. Looks like you could set a 21 RFL inside it. I liked the looks of it better than the 21 RFL and the 25 RFL. Looked good.

·
Banned
199 Posts
It does look like the extreme from the side profile, that is why it turns so well! It has rolled sides like the extreme. Jimmy M. said the RFL days have been updated. But i am sure they are still building the the RFL. Jimmy and Johnny build a [email protected]!! of a boat. I have had 4 RFL and 1 extreme. The brothers are most excited about the ILLUSION!!

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
A friend of mine has one ordered, I don't know delivery date , but will have a 200 E-tec on her .. I will be looking closely at this in the year to come ..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sport Marine in Richmond had that boat @ the boat show this weekend and last I heard it has not sold yet. Looks like a real nice boat but it won't match the 21rfl w/ a TRP in the shallows..........

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard the hull and trailer were around $11,500. That may be dealer cost though. Does that sound about right?

·
Majek Skinny runner
200 Posts
We need to see some pics of this boat. If it as nice as everyone is saying my RFL might be up for sale soon!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I wouldn't sell a RFL to get one. You won't gain that much I don't think. If I were buying a new boat and deciding between the two I'd prolly go with it but I wouldn't sell a RFl just to get the new one. Unless I just had plenty of money to burn and had to have the latest thing out. There is something to be said for getting a new toy "just because", we all like new toys.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Sport marine has a Majek Illusion on the lot with an E-Tec 200 on it. I stoppled & looked at it today it looks nice. They were asking 35K for it...They are suppose to rig it out this week & test it...They said it was sold already....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Etec Warning!

If they are selling it with a 200 Etec HO, then stay the heck away from it. The motor, not the boat. 200 HO's are not built for tunnel hull boats (cat counts), and WILL NOT be warrantied by Evinrude. They have a serious overheating problem. Trust me on this, we've spent a lot of money dealing with this issue.

Evinrude stated they would not honor overheating warranty issues on the 200HO on tunnel hull boats. They say its a "boat application" error.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Its not an HO motor. I talked to Gulf Coast Marine about the warranty issue on the HO motors on tunnel hull boats, the person said that it was not true. He also said that there is a water pressure issue when using on tunnel hull boats but they have found the fix with a water scoupper on the water pickup. Said water pressure was around 20 psi durng there testing....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts