2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I asked my girl, (she is an assisted living director for a local nursing home and has been a CFO for a nursing home). Alot of people think they can just sign over all their wealth (no matter how modest) to a family member and then go into a long term care or assisted living place and then not have thier assets compromised, this is not true, a nursing home or assisted living facility has 3-5 years of records they can dig through and draw off of no matter where they went. She said she would do some more research but she told me that there is not much you can hide from them when it comes to "financing" your nursing home or assisted living state. They can't take from the estate that has been "hidden" or "transfered" to a family member, but you can't stay there under state pay or medicade with those type of records, you would be what they call "private pay" status. I'll elaborate further when she gives me more details but if you have any other questions I will run them by her if you need help, just PM me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.