2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Get Bent
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a run out of Freeport Saturday. Had a little trouble finding any weedlines but did manage to troll a couple. Heres a few pics of the action.

Final Count:
12 Snaper
3 Mahi
1 Grouper
1 Wahoo
1 BF Tuna

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Good job Snake! We will have to catch up with you guys for that buddy boat trip for sure the way you guys pulling them out of the water! That is a fat boy BF.

kg

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
Good run for a good mess of fish...and for the rest of the story??? (Ono set you up and now were all hanging)

·
Get Bent
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So My Report Was Kinda Short. Well Heres The Rest Of The Story. I Have A Buddy That Dont Fish Offshore To Much. He Makes Fun Of Me For The Amount Of Cash I Dump Into It. He Cried About Paying 100 Dollars To Even Go. Im Thinkin Yeah Dude Go Get On A Party Boat... Well Anyway He Hopped Onboard With His 100 Dallor Bill, His Mouth, His Broomstick And O.g. Penn And Off We Went. The Whole Time Hes Telling Me He Better Catch A Bf Tuna And A Hoo Or He Wants His Money Back. Well As You Can See In The Pics My Budy Got What He Wanted, And Lucky Me I Got To Use His Money For Gas. Also It Didnt Take Him Long To Take A Liking To My Avet Lx 6:1. Well On The Way In I Stopped At This Liitle Snaper Hole. We Drift It. Theres Snaper Home. So I Decide To Drift It A Couple More Times. Im Driving And Dont Have Much Time To Fish... So He Hits Me Up "hey Can I Use This Pole?" I Say Sure. The Fishing Is Good We Would Pick Up Two To Three Snaps On Every Drift. Even Managed A Couple Grouper. So There I Was, I Was Just Set My Crew Up For Another Drift... Lines Drop... My Buddy Has The Reel In His Left Hand And Leaning Over Checking Out The Sonar When..... Bam!! Up There Goes My Reel Ripping Out Of His Hand And Into The Water Like A Torpedo Bubble Trial And All....... Bye Bye My Beloved Avet...... Man Those Reals Have Some Tight Drag Dont They! So Everyone Theres A Fish Swiming Around Down There With Some High Dollar Face Jewelry... Owell Its All Good I Figure The Fishing Gods Will Be Pleased With My Latest Sacrofice And Bless Me In The Future.... Only Time Will Tell.

My Share In Gas/food 150
Lost Tackle 100
Lost Rod And Reel 400

My Biggest Mahi To Date Priceless.....

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
i saw a Ling that went at least 60lbs do the same thing on Captain Elliots. Dude was hold the rod in one hand waiting for the deckhand to gaff it and had a beer in the other hand. The ling decided it wanted one more chance to get away and wham 1 rod and reel over the rail and off into the big blue yonder. LOL Never will forget the site of the guy who lost the fish and rig. The funny part was what the DH told him "that's going to cost ya". Still LMAO!!!!

·
Get Bent
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Thats Kinda Like What I Said But More Like "um Hey Bud, Guess What Remember That 100 Bucks You Paid To Come? Well That Anit Chit! Hahahaha"

·
AKA Offshore Aggie
1,522 Posts
If you give out the coordinates of the snapper spot, I'm sure everyone will be willing to run by ther just to see if they can get your rod back. I know I'd return it and never go to that spot again...lol Sorry bout the rod & reel, but way to go on delivering the fish!!!

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Sorry, to hear about the lost gear, I've been over the rail three times for crews gear and once for my own. I'm three out of four for geeting them back with and without fish still on them. Looks like you caught plenty of good eating, thinks for the whole story.

·
"FIRED UP" Contender
1,146 Posts
did you think about sending you buddy over the side with the anchor.. That's cool photo of the dolphing,,nice colors..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts