Heard a familiar noise outside my house about two hours ago and my
fears were confirmed. A stray had wandered too close to Cooper
and he had a hold on it.
It takes a breaking stick for Cooper to release but with a loud " NO !"
he let loose . It is a miracle but in the 10 seconds it took me to get
outside , no damage was done.
As I type this a watered, well fed , solid black Labradoodle pup is asleep in
my lap.
This little girl is the cutest thing you`ve ever seen. I cracked up when she was crunching on dry food with all those whiskers moving.
After we lost Rusty ( our little poodle) Jerry said no more for her.
I just can`t help myself on this one , some of you folks can relate to
what I mean. No collar or tags but I will have to ask around as it is the right thing to do. If I can`t find the owner , she will be a well loved member of our family providing Jerry does`nt kill me first.
I`m starting to believe that Cooper was toying with the pup and
the pup was crying out of fear or at least that`s what I`d like
to believe because he did`nt have the pup off the ground and was`nt
shaking.
Hope I`m not wrong but maybe this puppy will bring some joy and
happiness to Jerry . I mean , Rusty was her constant companion and slept with us all his life. I`ll let you folks know how it tuns out.
The puppy may have been a drop off because Delbert (my stepson)
knows everybody`s business in this town and he has`nt seen her before.
Sure wish I could post a pic , this mutt is so comical looking , one can`t help but want her. That`s all for now.
God Bless,
Alan

·
Registered
550 Posts
"Drop Offs" usually turn out to be the best pets. Good for you and I hope y'all enjoy it. I know Jerry will be excited when she comes home. God Bless you and Jerry for being so loving towards animals. I know it's been a rough holiday season but hopefully this is a sign of a gerat year to come. Make that a great decade to come.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
"Drop Offs" usually turn out to be the best pets. Good for you and I hope y'all enjoy it. I know Jerry will be excited when she comes home. God Bless you and Jerry for being so loving towards animals. I know it's been a rough holiday season but hopefully this is a sign of a gerat year to come. Make that a great decade to come.
Ditto! Sounds like you have someone to keep you company until Jerry comes home amigo. God bless.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yea I had a Rott come in my backyard in febuary the vet said she was about 8 or 10 weeks. Posted signs, ran ads no one claimed her. The whole time wife saying we can't keep her, well she's still here and the wife sayes she the best dog ever. I know nobody comes in the yard, not even the meterdude.
I'm sure Jerry will fall in love the baby b/c/ like my wife underneith theres a real soft heart.
Congrats, hope nobody claims her.

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great replies , you guys know how to make a fella feel better about things. This is one cool puppy.

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
With Jerry's improvement and now the new found pooch, you are batting 2 for 2 today.

Perhaps you should consider getting a lotto ticket.

Gotta ride the momentum.

Good to hear about Jerry and the pooch!!!!

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it was short lived but I enjoyed the company of the pup today. Young woman came to my house to claim her. A guy down the road was suppose to be watching the puppy but she got loose . Found out she was six months old and a poodle x scottish
terrier. She got the dog for her daughter and really did`nt want the dog. Told her that if she ever wants to give it up to let me know. Really a cool little dog.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Just what you need Grandpa. Another friend! How many you got now? LOL

Hows your wife doing? I havent been on for a few days.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Well, if she doesn't really want the dog...I think she'll be back!! The new will wear off for the daughter and I think you'll hear a knock on the door!! God speaks to us in all different ways!! Today he got you to smile!!
Linda

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, if she doesn't really want the dog...I think she'll be back!! The new will wear off for the daughter and I think you'll hear a knock on the door!! God speaks to us in all different ways!! Today he got you to smile!!
Linda
Yes, it was like my mind was free for a few hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts