2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to order everything at once, but havent the slightest clue what Im doing. :spineyes:

I cant even find the kit!

Thanks

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered the grahite kit but nothing else. I didnt even know which body to get. LOL

I assume I can use my standard size receiver??

I need help for everything.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
Foam tires,HPI has em for the RS4 also. Hard in front soft in rear. Ball diffs will be nice but not mandatory,they have aluminum or plastic units. Plastic is labeled for M18T but work in these also. Regular electronics will be a little big but will work. I can,t remember the body I have, mazda 6? but it looks like a status. Any HPI 150mm will work.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
maxxamps.com 1400,s Darrin just ordered 6 packs last week

Reactions: Gary

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
Kimbrough mid sized servo saver is a must. The ones that comes stock on the kit will strip out. Servo wise, you can get away with a Futaba 3003 with the ears cut and the servo taped down to the chassis deck. If you go with some mini servo, make sure its a metal gear servo and not one of the plastic ones.

Get the Mazda 6 body 150mm - just as in TC, the 6 body seems to give the right flow. If Trey is still using the 27MHz lap counting system, grab a Novak XXL 27MHz Rx - a lot more compact than your typical Rx. If you guys are using the new timing system that is not dependent on the MHz any more, then look for a HiTec Micro Rx - they used to sell them and they were compatible with most radio systems - VERY small and nice!

The Spy ESC is a good choice, but if you get further into it, look to snag an LRP Micro QC2 - VERY nice ESC and definitely will allow you to run stock to mod on those cars.

Tire wise, if I recall, there are some Trinity TRC tires that I had bought that worked nicely. I think they were pink fronts and rears, if I'm not mistaken.

For batteries, I had used Team Helotes - http://www.teamhelotes.com/~main/catalog/c18_p1.html - back then they did not have 1400's, only 1100's and they were plenty! Those packs you could peak out, race and never have to change them up - of couse, that was Stock racing and not mod.

I also had the M18 Rear LINKAGE SET, 2.5 deg. toe-in set and the graphite chassis. But that chassis was not something I had seen - I think someone had made it.

Hope that helps ya!
PD2:cool:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Roland and I went in and bought enough to make 6 battery packs. They are Intellect 1400's. Maxxamps has them on ebay, and the auction is for all of the stuff to make a 6 cell pack (Heatshrink, wire, battery bars and batteries). I bought 5 of these and made six packs. I did not use the wire because it was too heavy for the 18th scale connectors. I believe with shipping and all it was about $16.00 to $17.00 per pack.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have had many different mini batteries, but the GP1100's really stood out from the rest. Not sure how they would stack up against the newer cells though?

Darrin, when you coming out to K&M again? Your hooked on mini's and A/C aren't you?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah Dude!! It's hard not to get hooked. I've been wanting to go back to K & M, but I need all the practice I can get before the big race next week at Mobility. The A/C is hard to beat also. I do miss the BS and the sub's though. I will try to make it back out the weekend after next which is July 4th weekend, if they are open. You gonna be around then?? How's that power supply holding up?

Later,
d

Didn't mean to hijack your thread Gary!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't blame ya, I would kill for A/C as I'm standing out on the track marshalling. The power supply is great dude, I owe you one. Got some 2amp fuses for it and have been using the **** out of it, works great! The weekend of the 4th is the last race of the series I think, I'll be there. The new layout is wicked, better than the last two by far. I took second in GT last night, and finished all three races last weekend with a 4th or 5th (can't remember) in the main, things are starting to come together for me. Thinking of racing 1/8 sportsman next week too, we'll see if I get my car setup in time. Hope to see you in a couple weeks man, I'll bring the subs!:D

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PD2 said:
Kimbrough mid sized servo saver is a must. The ones that comes stock on the kit will strip out. Servo wise, you can get away with a Futaba 3003 with the ears cut and the servo taped down to the chassis deck. If you go with some mini servo, make sure its a metal gear servo and not one of the plastic ones.

Get the Mazda 6 body 150mm - just as in TC, the 6 body seems to give the right flow. If Trey is still using the 27MHz lap counting system, grab a Novak XXL 27MHz Rx - a lot more compact than your typical Rx. If you guys are using the new timing system that is not dependent on the MHz any more, then look for a HiTec Micro Rx - they used to sell them and they were compatible with most radio systems - VERY small and nice!

The Spy ESC is a good choice, but if you get further into it, look to snag an LRP Micro QC2 - VERY nice ESC and definitely will allow you to run stock to mod on those cars.

Tire wise, if I recall, there are some Trinity TRC tires that I had bought that worked nicely. I think they were pink fronts and rears, if I'm not mistaken.

For batteries, I had used Team Helotes - http://www.teamhelotes.com/~main/catalog/c18_p1.html - back then they did not have 1400's, only 1100's and they were plenty! Those packs you could peak out, race and never have to change them up - of couse, that was Stock racing and not mod.

I also had the M18 Rear LINKAGE SET, 2.5 deg. toe-in set and the graphite chassis. But that chassis was not something I had seen - I think someone had made it.

Hope that helps ya!
Thanks bro. I allready ordered the Novak spy, so thats a done deal. I also ordered 20 cells from Maxamps.

Still need a few odds and ends but Im skeered. LOL I have spent ALOT of money since Saturday.

·
www.mobilityplustx.com
1,950 Posts
And how bout the test drives on Sat?

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
madf1man said:
And how bout the test drives on Sat?
I snuck around and avoided the salesman. LOL

In fact, Im freeking out right now. One of them is running my credit right now and I am waiting to hear back from him. I should be ok though. I hope. A 10k down payment usualy grabs their attention. I was prefering to pay cash, but I cant get the $3500 rebate if I do.

If things work out right, next week Ill be styling in a brand new Ford Ranger XLT! :D

Fingers crossed!!!!

·
PDiddy
1,828 Posts
WOOOHOO!!!! Congrats bro!! Enjoy that new car smell! Well, at least untilt he burrito falls out of the Taco Bell bag and the coffee dumps on the seat cause of the idiot Houston drivers, oh, and let's not forget the wonderful rock haulers and dump trucks who love to drive in front of us int he fast lane to leave the occassional present on our windshields!

Just kidding man! You of all people deserve a new ride bro!

Congrats!

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PD2 said:
WOOOHOO!!!! Congrats bro!! Enjoy that new car smell! Well, at least untilt he burrito falls out of the Taco Bell bag and the coffee dumps on the seat cause of the idiot Houston drivers, oh, and let's not forget the wonderful rock haulers and dump trucks who love to drive in front of us int he fast lane to leave the occassional present on our windshields!

Just kidding man! You of all people deserve a new ride bro!

Congrats!
Something bothers me when a Tako Smell Taco costs less than a can of dogfood. :spineyes: I cant eat that junk. lol

Well, I paid off a 401k loan today. I should be recieving a check within a week. WooHoo! :)

I've never bought a new ride before. Im pretty stoked!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts