2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, many of you stated that you would get out to M&M for a day before the HARC race on 8/18 and help Meir get the track up to snuff.......well, the time is upon us.

I spoke with Meir at M&M today, and he said that he had hoped to be able to completely rebuild the track with an entirely different layout. However, his dirt guy with a bobcat won't put his bobcat on the track for fear of it getting stuck until it stops raining for at least 3-4 days and dries up. He still intends to do it, but as stated, it is weather permitting.

That said, we need a back up plan.

I'm looking at 8/11 (Saturday) for a day to get out there and do some dirtwork. I will need some help with this, as I have no track building experience.

I also need someone to take a look at the track and assess how much work we need to do.

Who can help?

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you been to M&M lately Phil to look at the track? I'm curious for someone who knows what they're looking at to assess what it needs.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I can try to get out there if you guys need an extra set of hands. Can't say for sure if I can make it until the date is closer. I've never built a track, but I can sling a shovel.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
have not been there since the harc meeting but it needed alot of work then should not be that hard with 5or6 guys though soft dirt and it's not that big do they have hand tools and wheel barrels that is all we need to shape it up

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.....we'll talk about this some more tomorrow.....have a good evening!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
CV, doubt I can do the 11th (Sat), that's the day Alyssa gets home from her trip. Should be able to do it on Sunday though.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a commitment in the morning, so I probably wouldn't be there until about noon, but I'm ok with Sunday.

If we moved it to Sunday, can anyone else come?

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
I can do it on Sunday and I do have track work experience. if the guy with the tractor can't come out, we would need to rent a tiller or if someone will let us use one. 4-5 guys can make a quick cleanup and get a track laid out pretty easily and quickly. what needs to be discussed is where will the pit lane be and are we going to be using the gate start that is already out there? we would also need a packer like the one at Mikes.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul and Phil, you guys are the key element in this task.......can you guys commit to helping out on that Sunday then? That's 8/12 BTW

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I think M&M has a packer already. Pit lane is always the same place, on the rail at the NE corner of the track. Last few races there we gave up the gate start and started on the front straight. Before you schedule anything on Sunday you better check with Meir, 'cause they're not open on Sundays and we'll need access.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Where is the M&M track

I knew of a K&M track but not an M&M track. Where is it?

Griz

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
cant fully commit at the moment,my wife is graduating that friday nite and i am not sure of what the plans will be for the weekend. I will let you know asap.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paul, let me know what a good day is for you.

Griz, here is a link
http://www.mmhobby.com/

It's not much of a track at the moment, but it has been famous in Houston in years past, it is IMO one of the most FUN tracks in Houston. Not really too technical.....more fun and flowing. HARC is trying to help spring it back into action as best we can!

You thinking about coming down again? You seem to bringing some advertisement to HARC......I hope it is benefitting you as well!

·
Wade Fishing Fanatic
492 Posts
I have been out there working on the mini off road track. The dirt off road, looks horrible but its not really that bad. The biggest problem is the grass growing everywhere. The last race they had there about 5 weeks ago, the track was in the same condition, but Meir had his maintenance guy (which he dont have one now) weed eat the grass down low. The guys raced on it, and the track was hooked up.

Here are the major issues.

Grass #1 Best thing to do is weed eat it down to ground level. Im sure M&M has a weed eater.

Jump faces #2 Some of the jumps kick you straight up in the air. I wouldnt dig them out, but use the flat part of the shovel and pound a new angle. Weve done it before and it works quick and effective without breaking down the dirt.

Water veins (from the rain) #3 Just general rakeing and smoothing.

Once the 1/8 scales get on there and start cutting up the dirt. It will be great!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Nobody knows that track better than Danny. He speaketh the truth. The layout that's on it right now is actually a lot of fun when the jump faces are fixed.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts