2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched out of Horseshoe at 4:30am.Fully loaded with as much gear as possible. As I eased down on the trim tabs the JH learched forward and we quickly made our way out to Halls. Big Daddy had it on good authority that we would find the mother laod stacked up like cord wood. As I had imagined it was knot to be. Little did I know that my backup plan would make for a very interesting day indeed.
We threw topwaters most of the day. Before dark at Halls we coould hear and feel small tail flips and slaps from Dink Trout as only one was landed and quickly released. Once Big Daddy was ready to make a move I eased the throttle down on the JH and she quickly jumped up on plane and made B-line for a nice Hard Bottom Flat with an Outfall. Bully was still a little aprehensive about the Vibrio so he elected to stay in the boat. Up with the Jack Plate and down with the Trolling Moter he slowly worked the outskirts of an area that was about to explode as it was teeming with small Finger Mullet, Shad, and Glass Monnows. Big Daddy and I moved in like two slow moving statues. As we drew near to the outfall the picture began to unfold. My Pearl skitterwalk was being slapped again by dinks and I was hooking up. Big daddy changed over to a Pearl and he was working up close shoreline. He hooked up and the fish began peeling drag. He coaxed me over to move in and move in I did. My first cast landed about 4 inches from the grassline. Within 1 second to my surprise my lure was exploded and blown up into the grass with one mad Red on its tail. The Red lunged for the grass and inhaled my skitter. The line peeling runs had now began and it was time to get bully out of the boat.
These Reds were head and shoulders out of the watertailing the bank and would knot be hindered. It was a wrestling match and they knew they had company. Bully decided to risk the Vibrio infection and joined in on the phone. With three peole working one point we had to make a game plan fast! We were hooking up three fold all at once cause our Skitters couldn't stay in the water more than about five seconds and it was totally blown up by the furious Redfish. If one fish missed the plug then three more heads would explode at the same time and the biggest blowups i have ever seen would follow. With Reds tailing the flat we came up with a plan. One person would hook up then wade out with his fish as the other two anglers would follow suit. It turned out to be a Redfish assembly line, with triple hookups the norm.
Color didn't seem to make a difference as my Pearl Skitter hooks were properly removed by one freight train I changed to a Bluechrome one. Promptly it was broke off and gone. My wading belt housed one more in Gold Mullet. Loop knotted it and the fun was on again. This went on for 2.5 hours with the bite shutting down twice as we had two boats buzz us slightly. As they would leave the area the Reds would again start killing everything in site.
These fish were all caught on top exept for one that fell to a Red/Wh Red Killer. The frenzie was happening at the end of a light incoming tide right before it turned to make a hard fall out. When the bite died it was near impossible to get my guys oof this spot as we caught and released around 50 Dink Trout. With them still casting to the Corner is was my opportunity to make a long circle wade to see if they went deep. This is where I picked up my Flounder wich missed first place by 1/2 ounce.
We struggled for Trout the rest of the day and Flounder were scarce. It was nice to be told by Mudskipper at the weigh in where the Trout were actually were as it put the full picture together and helped me understand whaere we went wrong.
Final three man tally was 30 Reds caught with only 9-slots kept and one Bull at 28 1/4 inch. One keeper Trout at 18 with around 50 Dinkd released. 1- Flatty with a few lost to poor hook sets.
Lures of choice were Skitterwalks in Pearl, Blue chrome, Gold Mullet. Plastics were Texas Red Killer in Red/Wh. Assassins were thrown in Limetruese, Glow/ch, pumpsd/ch, and Red/wh. I threw a 1/2 ounce Spoon buzzer for a while.

Bigwater

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,869 Posts
Good job!

I like the "lures of choice" statement! Why didn't you say, 'the ONLY lures I had were'! lmao

You yahoos need to show me how to catch fish like that!

·
Banned
607 Posts
Harbormaster said:
Good job!

I like the "lures of choice" statement! Why didn't you say, 'the ONLY lures I had were'! lmao

You yahoos need to show me how to catch fish like that!
Ditch the Spider man rod combo and we'll drag your over the hill arse out there and show ya the ropes!! Isn't it your birthday again??!!LMAO!!

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bannajoe,
I absolutley love it. It runs reel skinny, and its easy to get in and out of! The TRP is a fine lower unit.
Bigwater

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
wow, nice reds! i sure was wanting to fish that tournament, but left town. maybe next time!

trudy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts