2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody around here ever do business with Tri-State Marine? The sell alot of "new" lower units off E-bay. I asked a question about being "new" and here's the response.

"These are new units not rebuilds, The manufacture of this unit is GLM PRODUCTS. We assemble these units useing the OEM manufacture's gear set, as we have had problems with the GLM gears in the past on larger horse power engines. This is a premium unit in more ways than one, better than the OEM unit. We have a flat rate for shipping @55.00 to lower 48 states. If you have more questions please call. TRI-STATE MARINE 847-526-6211.....Lee"
Anyway..........looks like buying a unit from them is cheaper than having mine rebuilt.

Thanks!!

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
I've always gone by the motto, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably aint".. or "you get what you pay for". Good luck, and let us know your experience.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true

Yeah, I'm a pretty firm believer in "you get what you pay for" but my tight side can't help it sometimes. SQUEAK, SQUEAK......... Seems like most of the time I end up paying more in the long run after I get a "deal" and I still can't help it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts