2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Whooo son!
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to plan a fun trip to LA. I've been to quite a few lodges and all inclusive outfits in Texas for fishing and hunting. I really like the lodge feel and having to do nothing; all food and drinks and guides are there for you, just fish, eat, drink... That being said, I'm not against renting a house and booking guides either.

I want to fish Inshore one day, Offshore one day and then just soak in and do whatever for another day, maybe book another guide or track down a bunch of seafood, maybe drive back to Lake Charles and gamble before we head home.

Locations would probably be Cocodrie, Grand Isle and of course - Venice. I've seen some outside of NOLA, but it looks like that's mainly Inshore.

Does 2cool have any suggestions or comments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trying to plan a fun trip to LA. I've been to quite a few lodges and all inclusive outfits in Texas for fishing and hunting. I really like the lodge feel and having to do nothing; all food and drinks and guides are there for you, just fish, eat, drink... That being said, I'm not against renting a house and booking guides either.

I want to fish Inshore one day, Offshore one day and then just soak in and do whatever for another day, maybe book another guide or track down a bunch of seafood, maybe drive back to Lake Charles and gamble before we head home.

Locations would probably be Cocodrie, Grand Isle and of course - Venice. I've seen some outside of NOLA, but it looks like that's mainly Inshore.

Does 2cool have any suggestions or comments?
I’ve been to paradise plus guide service numerous times in Buras, La just before Venice. It’s 5star everything. Paradise Plus Guide Service (504) 628-4526

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
I’d say Buras for trout and Venice for offshore. Fished out of Buras quite a few times on business trips. It’s cool. The trout tend be overwhelmingly dinks. Legal in La but throw backs in Texas. At least the ones we caught. Venice is legendary for its offshore fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
You might check to see how they've faired with their recovery following Hurricane Ida, at least with respect to lodging. It went right through there.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Delacroix Island for fall spec and red fishing. The marshlands are vast there.
Located SE of New Orleans on the East side of the river.
Make sure the river is low if trying to fish Venice.

·
Whooo son!
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank for the suggestions so far.

Prayers to LA after Ida, but I'm looking to stimulate the economy in 2022, so hopefully that leaves enough time to rebuild.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Thank for the suggestions so far.

Prayers to LA after Ida, but I'm looking to stimulate the economy in 2022, so hopefully that leaves enough time to rebuild.
I agree and have a couple of trips planned to fish Louisiana this fall . But I go to Lake Charles/Calcasieu and they are pretty far along in their recovery after Laura and the follow up storm that whacked them last year.

I assume the guides and lodging people down in the delta will appreciate the business and my only thought was that there may be limited availability of lodging. It does appear that most of the Venice area has power back though

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Cocodrie and Grand Isle were devastated by Ida. Not sure about Venice, but probably not as bad. I'm not aware of any launches open in Delacroix yet. Sweetwater Marina needs to rebuild their bait shop and they currently have no parking since the lot is full of mud. I believe Shell Beach is open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts