2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone on the coast is missing a flock of seagulls (the birds, not the 80's band) they are up here in San Angelo on the Concho River at the Bell Street bridge. Apparently they were flying from Corpus to Galveston and got sidetracked.

Our usual nice, quiet, comfortable kayak trips have now turned into an all out fight against marauding seagulls attempting to either **** on my head or steal my Virginia brand ham and cheese sammiches that I enjoy while out paddling.

So please, if you've lost your seagulls, come and get them. I don't know what they're doing up here other than annoying me and the white Pelicans that have now began wintering here in our quiet west Texas town. I even saw our loud, cackling, noisy, loveable geese and ducks packing up and heading further south because of the hooligan seagulls.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I heard seagull is good eating. Seagull stew, seagull etouffe, seagull steak, seagull on the half shell, fried seagull tidbits, broiled lemon seagull, seagull a la orange, boiled seagull with potatoes, simmered seagull with onions, creamed seagull on toast, and of course seagull sandwiches. YUM!
Catch you one on that rod and reel Bill. You know we have all done it!

·
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard seagull is good eating. Seagull stew, seagull etouffe, seagull steak, seagull on the half shell, fried seagull tidbits, broiled lemon seagull, seagull a la orange, boiled seagull with potatoes, simmered seagull with onions, creamed seagull on toast, and of course seagull sandwiches. YUM!
Catch you one on that rod and reel Bill. You know we have all done it!
I do love me some seagull hot wings while watching football! Mmmm mmm.... Don't forget bacon wrapped seagull! Now if I just had some Humpback whale stew to go along with it on these cold nights I'd be set!

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
I do love me some seagull hot wings while watching football! Mmmm mmm.... Don't forget bacon wrapped seagull! Now if I just had some Humpback whale stew to go along with it on these cold nights I'd be set!
I can't believe I forgot the bacon-wrapped seagull. That is the BEST.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Just keep them. We have plenty more down here.:rotfl:

·
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just keep them. We have plenty more down here.:rotfl:
Oh, I can't adequately express my desire to keep those fun loving, silly, quirky seagulls up here in San Angelo. I'd love to have them at the picnic areas in the summer or the other camping areas that I so thoroughly love to stay at in the warmer months. To have them around all year, singing their beautiful songs of serenity loudly enough for my dead father to hear and to have them flying low over us as if being strafed by a Messerschmidt during World War 2 would bring untold joy to all of us.

But alas, those flying, sqawking, er, I mean "singing", black and white ballerinas of the sky are not rightfully ours to enjoy.

So as I said, please come and get those ()@*( $#&*@#*&&*@& (*!()@()@#()ing birds!

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
something fishy must be going on up thar is San Angelo

Reactions: txjoker

·
At the gym
4,704 Posts
I dropped them ()@*( $#&*@#*&&*@& (*!()@()@#()ing birds all off in that area and now that you have posted about them, they are yours to keep.

Them's the rules and rules are rules as I do not make the rules.

Word of warning, watch out for that one bird that will swoop down and make the poo right on your kayak. He is the black and gray one.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
alkaselzer always does a good job....................????

BOOM!!!!!!

·
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dropped them ()@*( $#&*@#*&&*@& (*!()@()@#()ing birds all off in that area and now that you have posted about them, they are yours to keep.

Them's the rules and rules are rules as I do not make the rules.

Word of warning, watch out for that one bird that will swoop down and make the poo right on your kayak. He is the black and gray one.
Yeah, I saw that dude. He came in from my 6 at about 40 mph carpet bombing my hat, shoulder and kayak!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts