2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a loss off a lot of legos at our Crystal Beach home. Our kids our very sad about it. If anyone has some legos that need a new home please let me know. We would love to have them.
Thanks to you all!
Susan Jokers Wife

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
Lego's?????.....Sorry to here that,,,,,,,,,,but,,,, they range in sale on EBAY for .99 cents on up for a set.

EDIT>>>I sure do feel a lot more sorry for all the folks that have lost more than some Lego's.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
If their home was on Crystal Beach I'm sure they lost a lot more than Lego's. Sounds like he's trying to get some normalcy back to the kiddos. Not like the Lego's would have been the only thing blown away.

·
It wasn't me!
6,569 Posts
FormerHR said:
If their home was on Crystal Beach I'm sure they lost a lot more than Lego's. Sounds like he's trying to get some normalcy back to the kiddos. Not like the Lego's would have been the only thing blown away.
Hope that's the case. Kinda caught me off guard. If that is the case, to the OP, PM me your address and I will send you some(a lot) of Lego's. PLEASE.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
scwine said:
Lego's?????.....Sorry to here that,,,,,,,,,,but,,,, they range in sale on EBAY for .99 cents on up for a set.

EDIT>>>I sure do feel a lot more sorry for all the folks that have lost more than some Lego's.
Ease up bro....we're talking about kids....not adults, kids. What is important to a child may not be what is important to an adult, those legos may have been the equivalent of losing a house to you and I.

I'll see what we have around our house. Send me the ages and gender of your children in a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Mike

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
No more Legos at my house, but if you have kids, just walk through every room in the house barefooted in the dark.

You will find Legos. I always did.

(actually, I'm going to look for some when I get home. I don't recall getting rid of them.)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I can understand the kids wanting there lego's I have an 8 year old that builds stuff all the time I would say they are her favorite toys sorry to hear about the loss I hope all is well with the rest of your family.Ill see what my daughter would want to give up what are the ages of the kids thanks Ken

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Susan they may be in that big pile of trash in front of and around my house.:D

·
Registered
891 Posts
my son was preety mad when he found out i used the plywood that his train was set up on to board up the windows. Bothered him more than the water damage in his room. He said " dad where will i sleep and play". Poor little guy
sorry about your loss im sure you kids will bounce back

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes we lost more than the legos, the house had 4' of water in it and the big boat was sunk in the yard just for a start but we will be back. sad2sm

Bobby I think I could rebuild a bigger house with all the lumber in my yard.....shoot I picked up 3 more boats in the yard:dance:

piratelight we have a board for trains if you would like it

joker

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
This is a joke right????? Please tell me it is, Legos for petes sake????? My grandkids live in Bridge City and they havent complained about losing any toys!!!!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Lets remember here folk, a childs world is much, much "smaller" than our adult world. I hope everyone can get back to normal sooner than later. God bless

Reactions: Snagged

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
Blue Water Ho said:
Lets remember here folk, a childs world is much, much "smaller" than our adult world. I hope everyone can get back to normal sooner than later. God bless
Amen !

·
Registered
891 Posts
We'll look to see what we can do....How old are your children.... I have tons of boy stuff (younger) that my son wouldn't mind giving up (what he doesn't know won't hurt him!!!!!) I had a hugh thing of legos from when i was younger... I'll look for it. Send us a PM with any info and toys needed!!!

Piratelight's Wife!

·
Registered
891 Posts
KJON said:
This is a joke right????? Please tell me it is, Legos for petes sake????? My grandkids live in Bridge City and they havent complained about losing any toys!!!!
Don't be a Jerk!!!!!!

~Piratelight's Wife!!!

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
michaelbaranowski said:
When I was young I would have been crushed if I lost my legos.
Yeah, this thread made me shed a tear. My Lego's were in a storage shed that burned down about 10 years ago, I was devestated (I was 21 the time & serving in the Army)! Lego's, Licoln Logs, & another toy that was clear plastic bubbles with interconnecting pieces, con't remember what they are called though.

Hope you get some people to step up though, Good luck & tell your kids to hang in there.

KJON said:
Tend to agree with the Jerk statement here. Might be a bit harsh, but kids aren't near as capable at dealing with this than an adult. Some lost their homes, but to the kids, their toys are their world, as piratelights wife said, their world is "small". I for one find this yet another way that people thumb their noses at a disaster such as this and just keep plugging away.

I say give the kid all the lego's they can fit in a toy box and just watch them... talk about lifting your spirit up!

Kjon... you ought to be a little embarassed, no need to be such a hard *** on kids right now. Don't get me wrong I understand were your coming from and that kids need to understand there are larger things that need to be taken care of and they need to be respectful of that, but Joker's request was simply to see if any 2coolers would spare some Lego's. It may not be much, but we help each other out just about anyway we can.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts