2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lost my female English Cocker Spaniel "Daisy".

3yo, 35 lbs, white with black spots, microchipped, not spayed.

Last seen in the Liberty area, but could be anywhere due to being picked up or on the road.

Please contact me if you've seen her run over or with possible sightings.

Much appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the awareness and support.

We're still out looking and posting fliers, happy the weather is nicer, but concerned none the less.

Take care,
Mark

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You'll find her FreeFire , have faith , say a prayer, and stay positive. Even in this day and time , there are good people still out there and here too. Smartist thing you did was post here on 2cool. Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The search continues. Yesterday I covered every briar patch and fence row within a half mile of my place thinking she might be hung up, with no luck.

Had a couple calls last night of road kill, relieved to find out it wasn't her, but sad to know of someone else's loss.

·
Registered
559 Posts
FreeFire - I may have seen this dog in the last several days. I don't want to get your hopes up - but - I have been to the Houston SPCA, Citizens for Animal Protection, Houston Humane Society etc. looking to adopt a dog for Christmas. I actually looked at 4 dogs that look alot like your dog. I will email you my phone number as PM here on 2 cool. Please feel free to call me. I hope you find your dog - there are so many dogs at these shelters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Splash, I've checked with the groups mentioned, sent fliers,and notified others, many thanks for the suggestions.

Still on the lookout...

Have a safe and happy Christmas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're still searching. Hoping that the many eyes out and about will help track her down.

Despite the hard times and tough searches, I did have a call the other day that made me laugh.

A young hispanic fellow calls one evening, claiming that the dog on the flier is right in front of him. He mentions an area of town we've received some possible sightings from, but with follow up they all ended up being a mangy black mutt that hangs out at the SOS center. I figure it must be the same dog, but tell him that we're really excited about his sighting, thankful for him keeping a look out, and remind him that for the reward he must catch her so we can identify her positively.

At this point, i go back over her details, white with black spots, short legs, clipped short tail, and female. I recall the dog in question is all black with little white, mangy from the head to toe, full size lab mix, full size tail, and of course male. Well, at this point he's still certain that the wild dog running in front of him is her and the reward money is his, but he hangs up the phone to go hands on and cash in.

He calls me back 10min later, out of breath, most likely dirtier, surprisingly bite free, and a bit dejected after realizing the dog in question wasn't Daisy.

It's folks like this that either driven by the reward or to bring a wayward pet home, make me happy and thankful for the efforts and attempts to reunite my pup with her family. So the search continues and we're still hoping and praying for her safe return.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I've lost my female English Cocker Spaniel "Daisy".

3yo, 35 lbs, white with black spots, microchipped, not spayed.

Last seen in the Liberty area, but could be anywhere due to being picked up or on the road.

Please contact me if you've seen her run over or with possible sightings.

Much appreciated!

Where are you in Liberty, i have a friend that lives out there and is always out and about, i'll send him a text when i hear from you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
POC Troutman,
I'm in the NE part of town near North Main Baptist Church, but we've searched the surrounding area a good bit. She might be going back to my old home near the High School, but since it's been almost 2 weeks, she could be anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Mark

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
message sent, he has kids that are in for the holidays too that are all over town, never hurts to have a few more eyes out there, best of luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm sad to report that Daisy was found dead yesterday.

Thank you all for the support,awareness, and concern.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,212 Posts
I'm sad to report that Daisy was found dead yesterday.

Thank you all for the support,awareness, and concern.
Sorry to here of this outcome. Hope you can find peace by finding closure.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Breaks my heart. Prayers for you and your family.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts