1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Saved by Jesus Blessed by God
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out today a very good friend has been hospitalized for
several weeks with some type of infection. He is 85 and is not responding
to treatments or meds.His family is making the decision today whether to
keep him on life support or not. Drs have little hope of improvement.
Some of you may know him his name is Janis kept his GradyWhite at Eaglepoint for years.He is a really good person really saddens me to see him in this condition.
You will be missed my friend !!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Condolences

My prayers go out for you, your friend and your friends family.

I am 75, 76 years old in a few days and have lost many fishing buddies and know how you feel. It isn't easy.

All I can tell you is to pray for the family and let them make the difficult decision on removal from life support. It is a very difficult decision.

Remember the good times that you had with him.

Trust and Obey; there's no other way and wait until you meet up with him again on the Golden shore where the fish are plentiful and you never get skunked. Hang in there.

Charles Smoote(C2)
Pensacola Florida

FOG Friend of Gowge

·
Done Wit Dat
7,525 Posts
All I can tell you is that he is the lucky one. It is us that are left behind to grieve that are less fortunate. It's hard to remember this when loved ones pass. We want them there always, but the good Lord calls us all home in His time, not ours. We will all make that journey when our time comes. It is not an end, just a new beginning. May he have tight lines and fair seas until we can join him, and by then he will know all the best spots.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
Fishnnutt, sorry to hear about your good friend Janis.

Heavenly Father, we lift up Janis to you today. I pray that in these last days of his life that he will not suffer. I pray that you will be with Janis's family during this time. They have a lot of difficult decisions to make, probably the hardest ones in their lives. Help them and guide them make the right choices according to your will. Bless them and give them your peace from above as their hearts are very heavy. We pray this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,258 Posts
All I can tell you is that he is the lucky one. It is us that are left behind to grieve that are less fortunate. It's hard to remember this when loved ones pass. We want them there always, but the good Lord calls us all home in His time, not ours. We will all make that journey when our time comes. It is not an end, just a new beginning. May he have tight lines and fair seas until we can join him, and by then he will know all the best spots.
Wow Coach. You completely covered everything I was about to post. True words. I pray that someday I will have the honor of fishing with Jesus and Janis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.