2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since CajunBob & I resigned from takeasoldierfishing.com, we have had numerous people ask us to restart on our own. We miss the smiles on the faces of the military when they are out on the water relaxing, so it looks like we are going to try this on our own. Many people on this site offered their help when we originally stopped doing it, but we really didn't want to bite off more than we could chew…..guess that means we will be chewing shortly! To all those that offered help, you will be receiving a PM from me to see if you are still interested and if you are not, no is perfectly acceptable without any questions asked. This is gonna be tough with the price of gas and the cost of IKE, but we will see how it goes. We had a huge support system behind us and an unimaginable amount of boat owners willing to help and we sincerely hope you will offer your support again. At this point, we are not sure if we will be able to pay for your gas and bait, but are in the process of trying to get our 501(3)(c) which will help to get the big names on board. Our future name will be heroesonthewater unless someone has a better one, at least if we use heroes, instead of soldier, it will enable us to maybe someday offer free trips for retired or disabled military as well as firemen and police officers. Please give us ideas, thoughts, questions, etc., anything you think will help us get this up and going again so we can get those that are risking their lives for us a day on the water with no worries. :dance:

Thank You,

Robert (CajunBob) & Darlene (RC's Mom)

·
Registered
359 Posts
RC's Mom said:
Ever since CajunBob & I resigned from takeasoldierfishing.com, we have had numerous people ask us to restart on our own. We miss the smiles on the faces of the military when they are out on the water relaxing, so it looks like we are going to try this on our own. Many people on this site offered their help when we originally stopped doing it, but we really didn't want to bite off more than we could chew…..guess that means we will be chewing shortly! To all those that offered help, you will be receiving a PM from me to see if you are still interested and if you are not, no is perfectly acceptable without any questions asked. This is gonna be tough with the price of gas and the cost of IKE, but we will see how it goes. We had a huge support system behind us and an unimaginable amount of boat owners willing to help and we sincerely hope you will offer your support again. At this point, we are not sure if we will be able to pay for your gas and bait, but are in the process of trying to get our 501(3)(c) which will help to get the big names on board. Our future name will be heroesonthewater unless someone has a better one, at least if we use heroes, instead of soldier, it will enable us to maybe someday offer free trips for retired or disabled military as well as firemen and police officers. Please give us ideas, thoughts, questions, etc., anything you think will help us get this up and going again so we can get those that are risking their lives for us a day on the water with no worries. :dance:

Thank You,

I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Darlene, I am still good for the rod blanks. I'll contact Terry at TRB to see if they can build them for you like we talked about.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don Savage said:
Darlene, I am still good for the rod blanks. I'll contact Terry at TRB to see if they can build them for you like we talked about.
Thanks Don and TRB.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
Can anyone tell us where or how to look and see if heroesonthewater is being used?

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
How about OurHerosH20, USAHerosH20. Thats a good thing you guys are doing. Hope I can participate in the future.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
buzzard bill said:
Darlene and CajunBob - count us in as the big ugly panga is ready to go out again.

Bill
Thanks Bill, glad you are still willing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All new

I was not aware that you were changing. My offer to help you out with the logos and shirts and caps still stand. Let me know How I can help.

Jeff

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
floridafisherman said:
I was not aware that you were changing. My offer to help you out with the logos and shirts and caps still stand. Let me know How I can help.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Let us try and get on our feet and we will give you a holler.

·
Vendor
6,013 Posts
takeasoldierfishing

Howdy,
If you don't mind me asking, why are ya'll resigning from the takeasoldierfishing outfit?

Tom

·
Registered
59 Posts
RC's Mom said:

Thank You,

Cajun
Soon as you get up and running we will come down and film a show and i will talk to some of our sponsers to see if they can help out.
Good Luck
Eric
HSF

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hsf outdoor tv said:
Cajun
Soon as you get up and running we will come down and film a show and i will talk to some of our sponsers to see if they can help out.
Good Luck
Eric
HSF
Thanks Eric and all. We did not expect anything less from you guys. You have an awesome organization and we would be honored to still be a part of it. Right now we are waiting on a response from a couple of people that had offered to do the web page for us. We will keep you in the loop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts