2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys
i need a serious fisherman that would not mind fishing a totally out of the box custom billystix spiral rod, this rod will be new for 2010 but i want a tester as of right now and i will give you a g=reat price on the rod.
6ft6--titanium guides-colors my choice or yours-- now here comes the trick part no foregrip and no trigger but a new reel seat that i want to introduce for 2010 it's a comfort hump, i already have built several for texas fishemen and had good response, but i need a serious fisherman .
now you must be willing to give me a very--very-very- detailed blow by blow descrption of the performance of this rod no matter if its bad, but i aint worried about that, i want cast control, distance, fish control, sensitivety, no rod twist or roll, i want you to tell the board how the reel wants to sit on the seat while fighting a large fish, then i want you to evaulate it on a scale of 1 to 10 so it.s got tobe picked over good also i want you to go over the total rod and give me your opinion of the quality of workmanship.
now who is up to the task if you will do all this for me i will build you this rod for $125 and i will pay postage and give you a billystix t shirt, but remember i want a fair and honest and long evaulation i dont want you to post "sweet" and think you are done get my drift, now give it some thought and if you think you can handle the task then let me hear from you. after i get a couple of guys i will pick someone to do the task for me
stix

Attachments

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
i'll bite, and be honest. heck it's only $125......i hope you can take the criticism? i had a spinning rod that i bass fished with that didn't have a trigger so it can't be that different.

edit: 6'-6" is kinda short for someone tall? most of my rods are at least 7" +

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is artifisfishual the only one that has any spunk left, i know there are lots of you guys that will be delighted to get on board with this deal.
stix

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes
i have some running around to do this morning, have rods to ship, dr.appt, and a couple honey do's then when i get home i will see if i can work something up, to give you an idea. ok?
stix

·
Registered
36 Posts
Billy, I will be fishing at least two tournaments in January and pre-fishing for them. Will be on the water quit a few days.Just don't know if I can come up with the price for the rod with Christmas and all. I would love to help you out with this project and would give you a very detailed report.

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Hey Billy, I'm Interested, is the 6'6" mandatory? I prefer a 7'er. If I'm uderstanding correctly this rod is for a baitcaster, not a spinner right, otherwise it wouldn't be spiral?

I haven't fished baitcaster in several years, but I recently purchased a reel and have yet to select a rod.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts