2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a dove or deer lease. I have a 10 year old who would like to start hunting. Looking for a place, so we can get back into the sport. Let me know if you know of someplace that is available.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We get to go on father child hunts. Hunts are hosted by one of the advertisers on this site. We get to hunt at some top ranches in South Texas. Prices are low and the deer are plentiful. We get to shoot two does and the price last year was $425 for both father and son. That price included the hunt, food and lodging. This is an incredibly great hunt. They mix ministry and hunting. Usually, they don't allow kids to bring the electronic gadgets that seem to occupy their lives. In the evenings, they have a time of worship and bible teaching. Most hunts are on trophy ranches that need their does harvested for management purposes. They ave two hunts this year at the ranch where the Los Cazadores big buck winner came from. It is awesome to get the kids out watch some monster bucks, kill some flatheads and worship our Lord.

PM me if you would like the contact info for the guys putting on these hunts.

·
Expert Boy, Apprentice Grownup.
526 Posts
Aph

Get an APH (Annual Public Hunting Permit)

They are $48 dollars and you add that to the price of your license. The boy doesn't need one. It allows you access to some really good hunting. Mostly birds and small game, but allows you to put in for drawn hunts that are not available to the rest of the public. Most drawn hunts are youth only or youth/adult. 1.43 million acres are in this plan. They'll send you an info packet after you buy it.

Beware! On the small game tracts, there is no quail hunting on weekends, and only on about four weeks throughout the season. That was my only gripe about the APH. You can, however hunt quail on select dates (including weekends) on many of the WMA's. It is AWESOME on some areas!

The APH is one of the best bargains in hunting, and one of the best kept secrets.

If you want to take your son pheasant hunting, let me know. There are 17 sites within an hour of my house and I've got a pointer. I live just south of the Panhandle. We plan to hunt every weekend in December with one group or another of friends and family. It's the more the merrier on pheasant drives, too.

Lance.

·
Banned
574 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts