2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a really nice black gentleman in Tomball named Lou that several years ago work at that convenience store that had BBQ and did deer processing on the east side of town on FM 2920. He had made a brisket rub that was out of this world. I used to buy it from him 10 pounds at a time. The store closed a 4 or 5 years ago as the owner wound up in TDC or something. I think Lou went to another BBQ stand after that in the Tomball area. I need to buy some more of his rub. I had his cell phone number which no longer is in service. I drove by his house on Brown Road and it is now a vacant lot. He was getting up there in age the last time I bought it from him, so he may have passed away. The last time I went by there I had asked him to buy his recipe for my use only, not to sell. He said the he could not do that. Does anybody know anything about him?

Gary J.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I found him. Seems that he passed away and took the recipe with him. Man that was some good stuff!!!

Gary J

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
Well I found him. Seems that he passed away and took the recipe with him. Man that was some good stuff!!!

Gary J
Sorry to hear that. Louvell was a local institution. He got his start in the Brautigaum store when he was a kid. He always had thick porterhouses in his case and if you ordered a sliced beef or sausage sandwich you had better get a loaf of bread cause they were HUGE! He'll be missed!

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Thats funny, when my wife and I were in college we would order one and get a loaf...He also coached me and my buds thru our first sausage making.. RIP Lou
He always had thick porterhouses in his case and if you ordered a sliced beef or sausage sandwich you had better get a loaf of bread cause they were HUGE! He'll be missed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts