2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have about $35k to spend on a family boat. Typical use is bays in POC, bass lake sometimes and jetty when the flat.
I have fished few hull styles and makes but not an expert by any means...Dont want anything older than 2016.

The goal is get the yr_tiger family (4 pack) a fishing boat :)
Thx Guys

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
11,249 Posts
For that POC area you will need a tunnel V. Any of the Explorer or Mowdy or Haynie Bigfoot style etc would be great. Dont worry about the low sides. I am a full time guide with a large Southshore tunnel v with low sides. I fish a lot of families and kids and have never splashed anyone. The Bigfoot is probably the better choice for front deck bass fishing. They will all perform equally well at the jetties with decent conditions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Blazer bay? They look nice. My friends fish with a guide who always does well. Let’s his clients use gloomis rods so the guide is both crazy and likes nice stuff I assume

·
No fish in West Bay
5,629 Posts
Gulf Coast and Transport make good boats that fish and family very well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blazer bay? They look nice. My friends fish with a guide who always does well. Let’s his clients use gloomis rods so the guide is both crazy and likes nice stuff I assume
I just looked at Blazer...Nice and pretty good price. Not as shallow as SGEMs recommendations but can get a solid build 20Ft in my price range little mode than $35 k but close.

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
5,290 Posts
Hard to beat the
Blue Wave STL(would be my choice in that area)
Blazer Bay
Nauticstar

·
Registered
22 Posts
carolina skiff makes a sea chaser HFC. (hybrid fishing cruiser)

Cruises and fishes good, lots of storage, seating, amenities, shade...

My kids like it and my wife loves it, what else is there to say?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well we pulled trigger, Got a brand new Blazer Bay 2020 20ft2in . After checking many out new and used this seem like the best deal for our family and style. Also found a dealer that is a boat guy and all the guys there are boat/fishing guys..not used car salesmen The Boat Haus New Braunfgls kicks *****.
We have taken it out to put the 10hr breakin on it and think we will be real happy. Impressed with hull design it was holding plane at 20 mph. Man its good to have a boat again.
Thank for the input guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts