2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello thanks for taking the time to look at my post :)

I am looking for a lease this year with at least two open spots for myself and my wife. I would like to get the boys involved this year as well, but I have had a tough time finding something relativly close to houston +or - 100 miles. I am looking for family friendly with a fair price tag. Let me know if you know of anyone with spots left open.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Typical Texan
8,415 Posts
100 miles isn't very far. You might want to look into hunting the national forest land up around willis or maybe some timber company land up 59 toward Lufkin. And that timber land is just a maybe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You can try this one. I know nothing about it. but it came out today in my report
979-229-2980 2200 acre year round lease located near Huntsville, with deer and hogs. $1200 per gun, call for more information

·
Old ******
4,526 Posts
You will likely run into a bit of a problem. Nowadays when people say they want a family lease they usually mean they want four or five guns for the price of one or two. Land owners have wised up and most leases either charge a "family" price or just refuse to accept you.

A lot of leases are even refusing any guests at all unless you buy a full slot for them. Times are definitely changing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slightly Dangerous said:
You will likely run into a bit of a problem. Nowadays when people say they want a family lease they usually mean they want four or five guns for the price of one or two. Land owners have wised up and most leases either charge a "family" price or just refuse to accept you.

A lot of leases are even refusing any guests at all unless you buy a full slot for them. Times are definitely changing.
I understand, I guess what I meant by family friendly was something different than that. I am only looking for two guns, not bringing anyone else to hunt. Thanks for the heads up.

refugioco I will give them a call, thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts