2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather permitting (and watching the tides and Well Forecasts), I have an opportunity to take my two daughters (one is elementary age and other teenager) out during the Holidays. We'll be coming out of Clear Lake, easy access to the bay, jetties, even out as far as they can handle it. My real objective...to get fish on the hooks - that's it. We don't care what we catch, just want some action.
I've been reading about the trout, flounder and redfish. Just looking for something relatively easy. Also heard about tarpon but may be too late. Can get dead/frozen everything, have plastic and gulp lots of things, and willing to buy or try to catch anything that might improve our chances.
Any guidance, insight, or moral support would be appreciated!

:doowapsta:bounce: and me :brew:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Go to ship channel in Galveston and catch sand trout on every cast. Troll around until you see other boats catching them and set up near them.

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,640 Posts
Split a guide

Get together with a buddy and split a guide... My dad got me started right, he took me with guides and got me on fish. If you're not sure how to find fish, the kids will get board and loose interest, on the otherhand consider investing in their lives for the long term, if they have a great day on the water and catch a couple you'll change their lives forever. I recommend going with Steve Hillman; He is a stand up guy and great with all ages...

If you want to learn how to find specks on your own seeing what guides look for to find fish, check out my DVD series at www.troutsupport.com.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts