2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going Offshore Sunday and need help. Please let me know where the blue water is located. I am running Sunday and I have a limited range ( inside 50 miles ). I cannot decide Freeport or Galveston? Please let me know what yall have seen Friday or Saturday.

Thanks in advance.

·
Loving Life!
1,287 Posts
I would love to go out, if it would ever stop raining. I don't like getting into squalls offshore myself. I've been near a waterspout offshore, and it was no fun on a small boat. The last time I went out, the blue water was passed 50 miles East of Freeport. I do believe its getting better at this time, Like around 25-30 miles out South East.

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
Went out yesterday, blue water was at about 20 miles. I think it may have pushed into 15 (out of Galveston) by the time we headed back in. Color change on the way back in was sureal, cobalt blue to sandy brown with particulates. Vis was good at about 100' at a rig we stopped at 22 miles out. Current was ripping towards land all day too, so by now it could be even closer.

Out of Freeport it should be a few miles less... just have to go and see. With the range you have in yer boat, you should be fine. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts