2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
We're all in this fishing game together!
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back few days ago from the San Miguel Ranch Whitetail Guide School down in Uvalde. It was a great experience and really solidfied my experience hunting for 20 years with training and testing in field judging age and score, guide/client relations, safety, rattling, and many various aspects of the outfitting business and guiding a hunter to a great experience.

So now I am in the hunt for a seasonal guiding job. Guiding during whitetail season would be a perfect fit with me booking hunters and fishermen the rest of the year. If any of you know an outfitter looking for a good guide, I would appreciate the lead.

Mickey Nierdieck
Outdoor Connection
www.oc-adventures.com

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
I might know someone, but the new guy does not always guide. Sometimes you have to work your way up. I doubt he will know for sure what he needs at least until dove season, but I could be wrong.

·
Certified Animal Chiropractor
7,652 Posts
Mickey, I don't understand. If your connected to that web-site with all the hunting available.. why aren't you working on a ranch already?? Are you just booking for those ranches or what..please help a country boy understand : ) Walker

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a good question Walker. Most of the outfitters we book for are not in Texas and the ones we do have are smaller, family run outfits that do not need any guides from the outside. So while I would like to guide in Alaska or Idaho or somewhere like that, I would like to be a little closer to the wife here in Dallas. So I am looking for seasonal guiding for whitetail in Texas, so I can get home for a few days every few weeks. That's the compromise I've worked out with the little lady. Just don't tell her I am looking for a spring bear guiding opportunity too! I'll figure out how to sell her that one later. Poor woman has to put up with my sense of adventure.

Mickey Nierdieck
Outdoor Connection
www.oc-adventures.com

·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought I would post an update, I signed on to guide with Krooked River Ranch/Texas Best Outfitters near Albany. This worked out great since this ranch is only a few miles upriver from my family's ranch, and I have hunted and worked cattle all over that area.

I will start guiding bowhunters around the first of October, take a break for my elk hunt in Colorado, then guide gun hunters through at least Christmas. I'm pretty excited about this whole thing, especially since it fits so well with my building booking agency business. I'll post again later in the season to tell some guiding stories.

Mickey Nierdieck
Outdoor Connection
www.oc-adventures.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts